The Awkward

Sehun haven't spoken to or seen Jinho since the library incident, and he wasn't avoiding him or anything (it just happened), so when Jinho had texted him Friday, asking him to meet up, Sehun was somewhat surprised – though he had a feeling he knew why his friend was requesting to meet.

"Hey," Sehun greeted, taking a seat across from Jinho, who suggested he ordered something. Sehun told him that he was fine – he'll eat later with Luhan. Jinho nodded, hands firm around his glass of water, not really looking Sehun in the eyes. "What's up?"

Jinho looked up, eyes apologetic. "I-I heard that you'll be at the resort this weekend." Ah.

Sehun was right. This was why Jinho had wanted to meet him. Sehun was expecting this – his aunt and Jinho's mom are best friends after all. He also anticipated what came out of Jinho's mouth next.

"I got invited. She's insisting that I come, but since I know that you probably just want to be alone with Luhan hyung, I declined. I'm sure she's bombarding you with calls and I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize. It's fine. You – you should come."

Jinho's eyes widen. "W-what? Are you sure?"

Sehun sighed and nodded. "Yeah. My aunt was freaking out, thinking that we're on bad terms. So if you come along, that will give her peace of mind."

"But I really don't want to intrude. I can just tell her I have plans and –"

"No. She'll only pester us more. You know she was really happy when she heard that we're attending the same school."

"Yeah. My mom too."

"So just come with."

"But --"

"It won't be just Luhan and me. A few of my other hyungs are coming, so it'll be fun. Just a group of friends going to a resort, so don't feel uncomfortable."

Jinho sighed. "I really don't think --"

"You're coming. That's final. I'll call my aunt now and tell her." Sehun took out his phone and dialed the number while Jinho quietly sat there, looking uncertain about the whole thing. When he was done with the call, Sehun gave Jinho a smile. "Don't worry. My hyungs are nice people." Well, at least Sulay.

Jinho swallowed. "I'll look forward to meeting them then."

"Alright. Come over to my place. We're leaving at noon."

When he came home and told Baekyeol about Jinho coming along, they blinked at him a few times, as if unsure they had heard right, before eventually freaking out.

"WHATTTTT?!?! WHY IS HE COMING?"

"Because he's invited."

"WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM COME? HE'S NOT PART OF THE GROUP!"

"Hyung, he's still my friend – even if you two aren't fond of him."

After calming down, Baekhyun took a deep breath. "What kind of rude person invites himself to a trip?"

Sehun scoffed. "Last I checked, it was you two."

FLASHBACK

"What!? We're going to a spa resort?! With a hot spring?! And sauna?! And –"

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes to everything else you want to ask." Sehun chuckled and pinched Luhan's nose. "You're excited aren't you?"

Luhan grinned. "It'll be like a couple retreat."