The Interruption

12:01 A.M.

Luhan had just fallen asleep a few minutes ago when he suddenly heard a warm voice calling his name.

"Lu."

Even if the voice belonged to his favorite person in the world, Luhan refused to open his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to keep his eyes closed and sleep. It may be due to his exhaustion from working or it may be due to his natural tendency to give his boyfriend a hard time. It was probably both.

"Lu," Sehun tried again, this time he lightly brushed Luhan's cheek in hopes of coaxing Luhan out of his slumber.

Naturally, Luhan leaned into Sehun's touch.

Sehun chuckled, causing the corners of Luhan's lips to tug upwards. Sehun's laughter was always something that brought a smile to his face – even at this hour.

With eyes still closed, Luhan draped his arm around Sehun's waist and snuggled closer. Maybe Sehun will let him go back to sleep if he played the part well.

"I know you're awake, so just give it up and open your eyes."

Okay, maybe not.

"Sehun-ahhh," Luhan whined. "Why are you still --"

"Happy Birthday," Sehun cuts in. He brushed Luhan's fringe away to reveal his forehead. "Happy Birthday Bambi," Sehun repeated before pressing his lips on Luhan's forehead.

Luhan smiled, finally opening his eyes to gaze into Sehun's adoring ones. "You're a few hours early. I was born at 5 am," he mumbled.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "I doubt you would want me to wake you up then."

Luhan slowly nodded because Sehun does have a point. Deciding that since his boyfriend took the time to actually wake him up on his birthday, he should at least find out what surprise Sehun has planned for him. So while looking up at Sehun, Luhan silently held out his hand.

Sehun looked down at Luhan's hand and scoffed. "What's wrong with your hand?"

He knows that Sehun is simply playing with him because the day before he caught his boyfriend wrapping up what he had assumed was his gift. But of course Sehun enjoyed making him ask for what he wanted.

"It's waiting for something," Luhan said, palm still open.

"Like what?"

"Like a gift..."

"So spoiled," Sehun remarked teasingly.

"Whose fault is that?"

"Not mine," Sehun simply answered.

Luhan smiled. "Whatever," he said as he poked Sehun in stomach. "Now really. Where is it?"

With a sigh of defeat, Sehun murmured, "Fine." He turned around to grab something off his nightstand.

Luhan had expected his gift, but instead he got Sehun with a red bow stuck on his forehead.

The scene looked strangely familiar. When Sehun announced "Tadaa," Luhan realized that this was what he did to Sehun Christmas morning.

"I'm your present," Sehun said with a smug grin.

"Do you come with a receipt?"

Sehun raised his brow. "No...Why?"

"Just in case I want to return you," Luhan replied with a sweet smile.

"Yah!"

Luhan laughed as Sehun looked at him incredulously. "I'm kidding," Luhan said as he cupped Sehun's cheeks. I can never let you go.