chapter 6

"Hi" I said timidly, inviting them in. "Um, its nice to meet you." I said to the two new faces. "Im Penelope, Sams sister." I smiled. 

"Ah yes." A lanky, curly haired guy with sideburns said. "Joshua and Matthew here were telling us how spectacular you are at COD." 

"Your also the one who had a Dr. Pepper bath, right? Hence the nickname Dr. Peppa." One with a dark mohawk asked. Pronouncing pepper just like Josh did. With an ah sound instead of an er. 

"Yeah that's me. The one and only." I laughed awkwardly, glancing at Josh. 

"So I heard that-" He began, but was cut off by Alexis.

"Hello Josh Ramsay!" Alexis yelled from the living room. "Bring them in here, Penelope. I still need to approve of him." Josh gave me a funny look. I hoped to god they didn't understand what she meant. 

"Sorry." I apologised. "That's my friend. I think she was raised by honey badgers cause she doesn't give a shit." I said bashfully. Referencing the popular honey badger video. I think they understood it because they all chuckled. I walked towards the livingroom, glaring at Alexis when she came into view. "Thanks." I mouthed. She smiled innocently and stood up to greet them. I plopped down on the smaller couch.

"Hi there." She beamed, flashing her perfect, priceless smile. "I'm Alexis Jones. Penelope's best friend extraordinaire. And you are?" She stuck her hand out to Matt, the one who had been with Josh the first night. Matt gathered up her hand, flashing his own small smile. 

"Matt Webb." He stated. 

Alexis looked towards the next closest one. "Ian Casselman." Said the one with curly hair.

Then the next one, "Mike Ayley." Mohawk guy spoke with a strong Canadian accent. Alexis looked towards Josh.

"And you," She emphasized. "Must be Josh Ramsay." And she put her hands on her slim hips.

"Would you believe me if I said I am actually Cee Lo Green?" Josh said in a slightly different voice. Something I noticed that he did often.

"I would not." Alexis replied, not taking any of Joshs shit.

"First lesson you need to learn about Ramsay; never trust him. He will only feed you lies." Mike declared, sitting down on the large leather couch. 

"First lesson you need to learn about Ayley; he is a fun ruiner." He sighed. I smiled and looked away. Josh is almost too perfect.

"Its true." Ian said. "Josh once tried to convince me that Justin Bieber and Ellen Degeneres were dating." He joined Mike on the couch, throwing his arms behind him and resting them on the back.

"Tried?" Josh rose his eyebrows. "Succeeded." He leaned against the arch leading into the living room.

"He didn't succeed." Ian informed us, shaking his head. Alexis laughed beside me.

"Ehhh. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing you writing a letter to them saying how proud you were of them later that day." Josh protested, tilting his head to the side. I laughed and attempted to hide my smile, looking down. "See, Penelope is laughing because she knows its true, too." Josh gestured with his hand towards me and I blushed. Well, in reality my whole face probably turned the color  of a Heinz ketchup bottle.

"Okay, Josh, your right." Ian finally gave into Joshs lies.

"Thanks, man. I know that was hard for you to admit. I really appreciate it." Josh sounded sinsere. 

"Alright. So change of topic. We are here for a reason right?" Matt interjected.

"Oh yeah," I stood up. "I totally forgot. I'll be right back. Lemme get the papers." I headed towards the kitchen, my bare feet smacking against the hard wood floors. Then I realized there was a second sound mingling with mine. I turned around only to find Josh following me into the kitchen. The blue streak in his hair flopping against his forehead with each long stride he took. My heart instantly started to race.