Chapter 10

We were all sitting on the sand, talking, under the moonlight, surrounded with empty beer cans when Tiffany suggested we go for a swim. We were all sufficiently drunk (except for Josh because he didn't drink alcohol. so instead he was drunk on Coke Zero. I also think I was a hell of a lot less drunk than the rest of us.) so we agreed that this idea was great. We all stood up in a rush and dashed for the water. This night has already been so fun! First we played tag like a bunch of kids, and now we were going to go swimming in our cloths, drunk. 

I crashed into the water, the coolness biting at my ankles. I knew it was still to early in spring to swim, but hey, we were young, drunk and didn't care. "Dammit! This is way too cold. Remind we why I am doing this?" Josh complained a ways behind me.

"Suck it up you pussy!" Ian countered, then I heard a splash followed by a whole lot of swearing. I turned around and saw Josh sprawled out in the waves, his hair plastered to his face. I doubled over laughing as Josh tackled Ian, dark water jumped up into the air all around them. Then Alexis grabbed my hand and ran deeper into the water with me, squealing and giggling, high on happiness. Before I knew it we were all in the lake up to our thighs, covered in water and splashing around. 

Some how, after a while, we were all engrossed in a splash fight. Water was in my eyes, and I was sure mascara was coated under them in a thin grey coat, just like Alexis and Tiffanys was, but I didn't care. I forgot about everything and just continued to push hand fulls of water at the dashing figures around me. 

Ian and I had teamed up against Josh and were chasing him all around relentlessly. We were laughing hysterically as Josh tripped around, trying to trudge through the thick water. 

"You sonsofbitches!" He cried, trying to kick up as much water as possible. Ian fell beside me as I couldn't help but laugh, my chest heaving. Josh took this gap and scooped me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I pounded my fists against his soaking shirt. I didn't even stop to realize that his hands were wrapped around my upper thighs and my butt was right next to his face. 

"Ian! Ian help!" I cried, watching Ian struggle to regain his balance on two feet. The waves continued to hold him down, and being drunk probably didn't help too much either. He blubbered undecipherable words. 

"Good luck getting our of this iron grip, Hadden." Josh boasted. "I'm like a fucking machine!"

"Curse you Ramsay!" Ian called, shaking his fist in the air. "I will have my revenge!"

I discovered that Josh was taking me to the shore.

"Aw Ramsay you are such a party pooper." I slurred. "My little buddy Ian and I were havin so much fun!" 

"Aw and you're a drunkard." He argued.

"I am not a drunkard. And even if I was, whats wrong with that?" 

"Beside that fact that your underage which makes it illegal?" 

"Yes. Besides that fact." 

"Well, your bother will probably kill me." He finally put me down just before the line of sparse beach grass. 

"Oh no, Sam's a softy." I explained as I tried to wring out my long stringy wet hair. I felt my shirt molded onto my torso and it was beginning to itch. I ignored it. 

"That may be, but when I told him I was coming to this party with you, he told me not to let you drink. So I am basically-"

I cut him off, suddenly more aware. "You told Sam you were coming with me?" I exclaimed. I didn't really know why I was surprised, maybe because I thought it could be our little secret that I had some amazing night with one of my brothers friends. And Sam would never find out, I could be like those girls who sneak out of their bedroom window to go to some forbidden party. But I guess it wasn't like that. And it would never be.