Chapter 22: Switched At Death

Elena's P.O.V

I'm in a new body and I hate it.. I can't see Klaus or anything...

"Elena.." Stefan said and knocked on the bedroom door frame.

"What.." I said and rolled my eyes.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing-" he began to say but I cut him off.

"Terrible Stefan. I-I can't see Klaus and I'm stuck in this body." I said and grunted.

"Right.. You still love Klaus even though you know the truth about what happened." He said and leaned on the door frame.

"Yes I do. I loved you when you were a ripper so how is that any different.."

"Right." He said and looked down.

"I guess the different is we have family and he doesn't." He added and walked out.

I sighed and messed with my hair. I got up and walked out the bedroom. 'I'm in Bonnie's house.. Of course.' I thought.

They were all in the living room whispering about me and drinking bourbon. I cleared my throat loud enough for them to hear me and all three of them looked at me.

"Elena." Damon said.

"So is this the brilliant plan me in another body." I said.

"Well when you think about it its not that bad." Damon said and smirked.

"How Damon?! Im stuck in another person body. I don't even know her name. And Klaus will come looking for me."

"Well your new name is Diana Carter. Shes quite a fighter took martial arts since she was 5 years old. Shes quiet and only has one friend and both her parents are dead. And she looks like you.." Bonnie said.

Klaus P.O.V

Shes not dead.. She can't be dead.. No!
I thought and broke the glass that was in my hand.

Just then my phone rang I quickly picked up my phone in hopes Marcel had something about Elena.

"Marcel!" I said waiting for hope.

"Klaus. We found something but before I tell you.. You have to do something for me first."

"Stop with you excessive games Marcel and tell me!" I yelled.

"I been busting my ass for you so no. I need your help in New Orleans. Help me and I'll tell you."

"Fine.. What is it."

"I want some of your hybrids to protect Davina."

"I that it?!" I chuckled

"For now."

"Alright how many would you like?"

"Haft of them."

"No problem they shall be there tomorrow." I said and sighed.

"Fine... Elena is not dead." Marcel said and hanged up.

A smiled came across my face with those reassuring words.. She isn't dead. Those repulsive Salvatore's played me.. I shall find them and kill them slowly and watched there life fade from their eyes.

Elena's P.O.V

I sat on the couch as they talked about their stupid plan to take down Klaus.
'The door is so close... But I'm not a vampire anymore..' I thought and sighed.

"I uhh have to go to the bathroom." I said and got up.

"I'm going with you. I can't risk you sneaking out." Damon said and smile.

"I can go by myself at least give me that.." I said annoyed and went to the bathroom.

'What am I going to do...' I thought and looked in the mirror.

"Klaus.." I whispered and missed his arms around me.

"I closed my eyes and imagine what Klaus would do."

I found a pair of scissors and slipped it in my bra.

'Bonnie said I can fight.... I just need to distract them long enough to get out... They wont let bonnie die.' I thought and sighed.

I flushed the toilet so they wouldn't suspect anything. I walked out and looked for bonnie who was still in the living room.

"Bonnie." I said and walked up to her.

"I get it.. I'm so sorry.. Klaus is horrible and I want to help." I said and hugged her.

"It took you long enough." She said.. She was always gullible..

I removed one arm and reached in my bra and got the scissors. I swiftly covered her mouth and stab her in the neck.

"I'm so sorry but I have to see him." I whisper and let her fall.

Damon and Stefan sped out the kitchen and into the living room.

"Elena what did you do??" Stefan said and saw bonnie on the floor.

"Save Bonnie or stop me..." I said and grip the scissors.

"You better hurry shes bleeding out." I added.

Damon sped and fed her blood while Stefan stayed and block me from the door.

He sped and held my wrist and banged me against the wall. The picture on the wall fell and the wooden frame broke. I kicked him and got one of the side of the broken frame and stab it in his chest.

I quickly ran out the door and kept running in till I got to the nearest gas station.

"C-can I borrow the phone??" I said to one of the workers.

"Yes sure." She said and led me to the phone.

I quickly dialed Klaus's number and he pick up.

"Klaus..." I said and a tear went down.

"Who is this?" He said with anger.

"Elena I'm alive and in Mystic Falls." I said.

"Elena! Are you alright. I'm one my way." He said and I can hear him getting in the car.

"Im coming to get you Elena. Just hold on." He said and I hung up.