Chapter 31: Selfishness

Elijah P.O.V

What does Elena see in my selfish brother. I came back to Mystic Falls for her, she is just so different.. irresistible almost.

Day 1 of our process to get the hybrids un sired was done. I had chained them up and ejected them with wolf bane. I rushed back to check on Elena since she got her ultra sound. I was strangely excited to see if the baby was a girl or boy even though it was my brother's child.

Once I walked in the house Elena was there.

"Elena." I said and she quickly stopped.

"E-Elijah hey." She said and put her hair behind.

"Hey. I assume the ultrasound went good." I said and walked closer to her.

"Yeah it was perfect. Its a girl." She said and put her hand on her stomach.

I smiled and and watched as she rubbed her stomach.

"Here." She said and then grabbed my hand and placed it on the lower part of her stomach.

"You feel that?" She said and applied pressure.

"Yeah... I do." I said and cleared my throat.

"Thats her feet.." she then moved my hand higher on her stomach. "And thats her head." She said.

"I can feel her move. Its remarkable." I said and smiled. I cleared my throat again and stepped back.

"So where is my brother?" I asked and fixed my suit.

"Hes out with Marcel." She said.

"Of course he is." I said and signed.

"Hey are you okay... Just everything thats been going on and-" She said.

I put her hair behind her ear and rub her chin. I sighed and she stared at me confused.

"What is it.." She whispered as I started to lean closer to her.

"Elijah.." she whispered and then I softly kissed her. The kiss went on for about a minute then she quickly moved away and touch her lips.

Just then Klaus walked in with a smile and put his arm around Elena.

"Hows my beautiful pregnant wife?" Klaus said and kissed her.

"Uh um fine just tired." Elena said and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be in the room." She said and looked at me. She quickly looked away and walked up the stairs.

"That was odd... maybe the pregnancy is getting to her.." Klaus said and sighed.

"Whats wrong brother? You seem tense." He added and look cold.

"Nothing.. I'll see you tomorrow." I said and walked out.

Elena P.O.V

What the hell... Why would Elijah do that, he knows I'm Klaus. I'm about to have his child.
I touched my lips and sighed.

"Klaus." I said as he walked in the room.

"Is everything alright Elena.. You and Elijah are acting off... I can hear your heart pounding." Klaus said and walked towards me.

"Yeah we are just worried about the baby being born." I lied and hugged him.

"I promise you everything will be alright." He said and kissed for forehead.

"I love you Klaus." I said and hugged him tighter trying to forget Elijah.

Elijah P.O.V

That was a stupid and unforgivable move. I couldn't help myself anymore, I was falling for her from the beginning. My brother does not deserve her yet she has given herself to him.

I went to the bar and sat down.

"Im surprised to see you here.. the noble one." Marcel said and sat next to me.

"I kissed Elena." I said and cleared my throat.

"What? Are you crazy or just stupid." H asked.

"I have no idea." I said and drank some whiskey.

"I'm going back to New Orleans soon. You should come before Klaus find out." He said.

"No offense but I don't need protection from my brother." I said and left.

Its selfish to ever think I'll have Elena.. maybe I should go.