Chapter 1: Beginning of falling in love

Dear diary,

It's been a while since I needed to write in here. So much has been going on. I 've been so confused about my feelings for the Salvatore brothers. I'm scared if I pick Damon and if Stefan comes back he'll hate me and I'll lose him all over again and after Aunt Jenna's death I just can't lose anyone else... My heart can't take it. But that's selfish I guess... I'm just stringing them along, but it makes me feel safe and comfortable. But maybe I shouldn't pick either of them, maybe I should move on and find someone else to fall in love with so I don't have to pick at all.

Elena put down her diary and got up. She sighed and walked to the bathroom, "Hey Jer. Why are you up so early?" Elena asked picking up her toothbrush. "Matt and I are going to go hang." He replied and walked into his room. "Oh, that sound fun. You need more fun in your life" She said with sorrow in her voice. "And Jeremy I'm so sorry about everything-" 

"Don't start Elena, it's not your fault we live in a supernatural town," Jeremy said and went downstairs.

Elena sighed and brushed her teeth. She did her normal morning routine and got dressed. She wore a long selves purple shirt, black jeans and converses. Then went out of the house and got in her car and drove to Mystic grill and bar.  Once Elena arrived she sat at the bar and strangely didn't see Damon. "Damon isn't here?" She asked the bartender. "Nope, he didn't come yet, weird right. He's my favorite customer. " The bartender said and smiled. "So would you like anything dear?"

"Yeah, can I get some water?" Elena said. " Yeah, sure one second."

Elena sat there waiting when just then Klaus was sitting right beside her. "Hello love." He said and smiled. "Klaus!" Elena said in shock. "I-I thought you were out of town with Stefan?!"

"I was but I came back, got bored. But don't be upset, Stefan isn't here so you can keep falling in love with Damon." Klaus said and smirked. 

"Go to hell," Elena said and got up but then Klaus grabbed her arm. 

"Wait, have a drink or two with me." He said and smiled. 

"No, I have better things to do than to drink with the person who is a psychopath and turn Stefan into a monster," Elena said cruelly. 

"Come on love don't be so mean, I promise I won't bite," Klaus said with a smirk. He pulled her close to him and made her sit down. 

"Like always you get what you want." She said. Klaus smiled. "That's the perks about being an original hybrid." He whispered in Elena's ear making his warm breath tickle her ear.

Klaus snatched a vodka bottle from the bar while the bartender wasn't looking and started to drink from the bottle. 

"Would you like some." He said and offered the bottle to her. 

"No, I don't drink." She replied. 

"Relax Elena stop being such a bore." He said and smirked. 

Elena snatched the bottle and started to chug. 

"Easy love, you know you are a bit of a lightweight," Klaus said and smiled. 

"You said relax." She said while handing him the bottle.

 Klaus took the bottle and drank just a little bit more. 

"Would you like to dance?" Klaus said and smiled. 

"I'm going to need a lot more to drink if I'm going to dance with the likes of you," Elena replied and chuckled. Klaus looked at her with a curious smiled. 'I like this doppelgänger she has spark.' Klaus thought.