1.0

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Brooklyn waiting for me. I turned around.

"Hey there."
"Waiting for you."
"No, just go."
"I'll walk you home."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
I tucked a strand of my blonde hair that came loose from my ponytail behind my ear and smiled widely, "Ok."

I didn't want to keep him waiting for long, so I quickly packed up all the things that were necessary for me to bring home.

"Ready."
"Let's go."

I started walking in the direction of my grandma's house as Brooklyn walked next to me.

"This day went on forever, finally it's over," I complained.
"There's still the whole year, Izzy."
"Ugh."
He laughed at me, "Looking forward to Christmas holidays?"
"Yes!" I practically screamed.

We then got into a whole coversation about Christmas. It was my favourite time of the year. Soft snow, bright lights, wrapped gifts, hot cocoa, Christmas carols, family gatherings. Even your wardrobe was great. Fuzzy socks, leggings, big sweaters. I just loved it.

We got closer to where my grandma lived.

"Well, this is my street."
"I'll walk to your house."
"Oh no, I don't want to trouble you. Don't you need to get home? Wouldn't want your parents to worry."
"It's fine, really."

I gave him a look that said "thank you" and he returned it with a warm smile. I grinned back at him and then looked ahead to continue walking. He walked me up to the front door.

"I'll text you the directions. From here it's a bit far to walk, so you may need to get a drive. I can have someone pick you up."
"If it's far from here, why'd you walk me home?!"
"Because."
"Whatever. What do you mean by having someone pick me up."
"Like our driver."
"Yeah, no. Not used to that type of thing. I'll get a ride over to your place."
"Ok, see you later."
"Bye, Brooklyn."

I walked inside. Brooklyn had it all. I mean, his family has their own personal driver! I bet their house is huge too.

In the kitchen, I saw my grandma making me an after school snack as always. She was cutting some apple slices.

"What took you so long, Isabelle? You're normally home ten minutes earlier."
"Oh," I said, realizing I had taken longer to get home.

Did I walk slower because I wanted to talk to Brooklyn for a bit?

"I was walking with a friend."
"Ok, I see. Here, eat."
I grabbed an apple slice, "Is it ok if you drive me to a friends house?"
"What time."
"Probably before my mom comes back."
"Which friend is this?"
"Uhh..." I was hesitant to telling her.
"Is it a boys house?" How did she know?
"Yeah..."
"What's his name?"
"Brooklyn."
"Beckham, eh?"
"Yes..." Seriously, how did she know?
"I see him sometimes in the area, never would've thought you'd be friends with him."
"Well, I guess we are," I nervously laughed.
"Let's not mention this to your mother."
I sighed, "Thank you."
"It'll be our little secret."
"Ok," I smiled.

I brought the last two slices up to my room. First, I threw off the uncomfortable school uniform I was forced to wear. I hated school uniforms more than anything.

I picked out my white jean shorts and a tight fitting white crop top. To tie the outfit together, I grabbed my jean jacket that had the American flag on the back. I paired the outfit with white converse and left my hair wavy as it was.

When I checked my phone, I noticed two text messages from Brooklyn. He had told me the directions and time. Then said that'd he'd see me soon.

I checked the time now and it was around half past four. He said to come around five.

"Hey, grandma, does this look ok?"
"You look wonderful."
"Thanks."

She pulled me in for a hug and kissed my forehead.

"When did the boy say to come over?"
"Around five, so we can get going now, I guess."
"Ok, let's go."

My grandma followed the directions that Brooklyn gave me. In fifteen minutes, we made it to his place. I was right, his home is huge.

I walked up to the front door with my grandma. This house was amazing, but intimidating as well. My grandma nodded at me to knock, and I did.

"Hello, you must be, Isabelle."
"That's me," I smiled.
"Come on in."
"Uh, bye grandma."
"Have fun, call if anything goes wrong."
The man shut the door behind me, "My name's Alexander, I work for the family."
"Oh ok," I said.
"Come with me, Brooklyn's in his room."

The large staircase was right near the entrance, so I didn't see much of the first floor. Everything in the house was modern and looked so nice. I was in awe. We walked up to the third of four floors. As we approached his bedroom, I tried to act normal and pretend like this wasn't a whole big deal, but it was. I was inside the Beckham's house.

We got to his bedroom door with was closed. His name was on the door in big, silver, capital letters. They were spaced out and hung on the door and looked to be expensive and quite heavy.

"Brooklyn, you have a visitor."

I heard his muffled response. Alexander opened the door for me. I walked into Brooklyn's room and it was huge. He had a queen size bed against the left wall in the middle. Across from his bed on the other wall was a tv. A door to the right of the tv was open and lead to the washroom. There were two bean bags plopped onto the floor at the foot of the bed. In the far right corner and against the right wall, beside a window, was a white desk. Wow. Just wow.

Brooklyn was sitting down at his desk, writing something. He'd changed out of his uniform and it was different to see him like that. He wore black jeans and a red sweater that was partially unzipped, revealing a white shirt underneath.

"Hey," I said softly.
"Oh, hey!"
"What are you working on?"
"Math."
"For the test?"
"Just trying to study, so I get a good grade."
"You understand everything?"
"Of course! Just... Er, what do the letters mean?"
Facepalm, "This is algebra, they represent a number."
"I was just joking," he chuckled.
"I sure hope so. I'll leave you to studying."
"No, let's do something."
"But it looks like you need some time to study, Brooklyn."
"Nah, I got all weekend. Don't worry about it."
I gave in, "Ok."

I stayed silent and just observed his room some more. It was magnificent. Everything was in order and looked so neat.

"Anything you'd like to do?"
"What can we do?"
"We can play a video game if you're into that sort of stuff."
"Sure and what time do I need to leave?"
"Stay as long as you like. My mom won't be back until tomorrow because she's working and my dad's taking care of the rest of my siblings."
"Don't you want to go spend some quality family time?"
"My dad said it's fine to have a friend over."
"Ok, just making sure."
"Come on, let's play already."

I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I never play video games!

Brooklyn picked out FIFA 15. Kind of the obvious choice considering his family. He chose the team Arsenal. I thought about which team I should pick.

"How do I know which team is good? I mean, how did you pick your team?"
"I play for Arsenal, so that's why I picked them."
"You play for that team?!" I was shocked.
"Not the team you watch play on the weekends."
"Oh."
"Yeah, I'm just trying to follow in my dad's footsteps."
"That's cool."
"It's hard though... He was one of the best."

I ended up choosing Manchester United. Turns out his dad used to play for that team. We played a few games and obviously, Brooklyn won all of them.

"Goal!" He shouted.
"You win... Again."
"I know," he smirked.
"Going to use the washroom, be right back."
"Hey," I stopped, "cool jacket."
"Thanks, reminds me of home."

He smiled back at me. I closed the door of the washroom and locked it. I ran the water and splashed some water on my face.

"Get a hold of yourself, Isabelle. It's just Brooklyn... And his breathtaking home and family."
I heard someone calling, "Brooklyn!"

Shit. It was his dad. The former great football player.