3.0

"Wake up, love."

Brooklyn brushed his lips up against mine as he pushed his body off of mine and got up to shower. I rolled over and tossed the covers off the bed.

The past few nights we took turns sleeping at each other's places even though we had school. It didn't matter since we'd go over to whoever's house right after school with all our stuff. Plus, our wardrobes had basically merged between the two houses now that we'd been dating for some time. So it wasn't like in the beginning where we'd have to reuse clothes or lend each other some.

I put on my uniform and checked myself out in the mirror. Scenes from last nights dinner date with Brooklyn played in my head.

We both got to school on time, which was unusual since the two of use would normally stay up late and end up sleeping in.

The day went about how it normally did. We'd have our classes together and eat lunch with the rest of our friends, then have our rehearsal for the play after school, which we'd perform in two weeks, just before exams. It was like every other day, but something was off. Maybe it was just the way people were looking at me today, but I wasn't sure.

Brooklyn had told me after rehearsal that he had to go do something with Romeo, so we couldn't hang after school.

I was walking through the halls when someone pulled me back, "Hey!"
"Sabrina?" I was surprised to see her since the two of us hadn't talked in quite some time.
"Miss me?"
"Yeah- uh, we haven't really talked."
"Why, you forgot about me or something?"
"No, I've just been busy."
"Mhm, ok. I see."
"See what?" I was kind of getting a weird vibe from her.
"Oh I don't know... Brooklyn."

I sighed and rolled my eyes as a wave of relief washed over me knowing this was just another "Brooklyn thing". Glad it wasn't anything too serious.

"Sabrina, listen, I know you had a thing for Brooklyn, but he's happy now. Isn't that what matters?"
"He'd be happier with me," she folded her arms across her chest.
"I'm sorry if this hurt you in any way."
"Of course it did."

In some way, I kind of felt bad.

"But that's not what I'm here to talk about."
"Huh?"
"Hear anything today?"
"What are you talking about?"

At this point things were getting really fucking frustrating. She's the one who came to me, yet she's not even saying anything.

"I said did you hear anything strange or off today?!"
"No!" I screamed back in her face, "You're crazy."
She laughed for a few seconds, "Me? I'm the crazy one..."

It was silent for a few seconds. It was just her staring into my eyes.

"Izzy, you better open your eyes and quick."
"I don't even understand what you're saying."
"Izzy-"
"What do you want?!" I snapped.
"So you weren't bothered by the death stares- well I wouldn't really call them death stares."
"What?"
"You didn't feel all of them staring at you when you walking past my table."

I had to stop the conversation to think a bit. At first, I didn't really think much of it and I kind of shrugged it off because you can't let things like that get to your head. What I remembered was them giving me weird stares and whispering someone's name.

"Just stares."
"Was that all?"
"Sabrina, I don't have time for this! I need to get home."
"Well you're going to make time for this because I think you'd want to know."
"Just please tell me what you're trying to get at here!" I pleaded.
"Anything else that was odd?"
"I don't know, I kept hearing this girls name, but that doesn't matter."
"What name."
"How am I supposed to remember?!"
"Was it Chloe Grace Moretz?"