2.5

I woke up early in the morning. It was Christmas Eve! That meant my surprise early gift from Brooklyn.

I looked over and saw that he was still fast asleep on the couch. It was seven o'clock. He said we had to get up early, yet there he was not even aware of the time and just dozing off... Brooklyn was sleeping on his stomach with his legs somewhat crossed and one arm hanging off the couch.

I giggled as I approached the sleeping Brooklyn. His white t-shirt was wrinkled and his grey shorts were low enough so that I could see the band of his Calvin Klein underwear. I crawled on top of him and sat on his lower back.

"Time to get up," I whispered softly into his ear.
"Izzy?"

For a second I thought this was going to be a repeat of cranky Brooklyn, but thank god it wasn't.

"Where's my surprise?!" I was eager to find out.
"Shh, not now I'm sleeping. And get off of me."
"Nope."

He abruptly flipped over, causing me to lose my balance. His hands tightly gripped my waist as I was now sitting on his lower stomach. I was close to sitting near his hips.

"You going to get off of me now?"
"Only if you get me my surprise."
"I can't just give it to you, we have to go to it," he told me.
"Huh."
"You'll see, let's eat something and get changed. There's no rush."
"No rush?! You said we had to wake up early!"
"I was just kidding."
"Screw you, Brooklyn."

I playfully slapped him before I went downstairs to eat breakfast and he joined me soon after. Looking forward to something made the morning drag on even longer. It was hard enough trying to get to sleep. Christmas was magical and my favourite, so I'd always get excited for gift exchanges and family dinners and turning the Christmas lights on.

I got changed first and waited downstairs for Brooklyn. He told me we had to go to the surprise, so I was curious as to what it was going to be.

He came down wearing a brown sweater with black shoes and pants.

"Ready to go?"
"Finally!"
"Alexander will drive," he said.

The two of us hopped in the car and about five minutes into the drive he told me to close my eyes. When I questioned why, he just wrapped a scarf around my head to prevent me from seeing anything.

Not having one of my senses was weird. It made me have to focus on my other ones even harder. Being able to see things and look at people was something I relied on, not having my sight was difficult.

I tried to predict where we were heading. The car stopped and I heard Brooklyn open his car door. The sound of another car door being opened was heard, but this time louder, so I figured it was my car door.

I felt one hand on my waist and another taking my hand. He guided me up and off my seat and then carefully set me onto the ground. His touch was comforting and he kept his arm around me.

"Not much longer," he whispered into my ear.

Brooklyn was careful and made sure to tell me which way to turn and when to step if there was some stairs. Wherever we were, it was not quiet. Occasionally too, people would bump into me.

"Oh, shit. Just in time, hurry you can look now!"

I took off the scarf and looked to Brooklyn who was staring ahead of us. I turned to see what he was looking at before even observing where we were.

When I saw the military uniform, I knew it was him... And I nearly died.

"Dad!"

My father stood a few feet away from us with open arms and a suitcase by his side. I cried as I ran up to him and hugged him for the longest time. His embrace was one that I had missed.

I couldn't believe he was here. For a second there, I thought I was seeing things. My heart was pounding and it felt like it was about to leap out of my chest. I sobbed onto his chest and held him tight. His arms around my back squeezed me as he laughing and cried tears of joy too.

Eventually, I started to laugh along with him. My mind couldn't grasp the fact that he was hugging me right now after months of not having him in my presence.

"H- how?" I asked.
He smiled and pointed behind us, "Him."

I looked back to see Brooklyn. Of course. He's he one who brought my dad back to me. He knew how much I missed him and he knew this was my biggest wish. This was the best Christmas present I've ever received. The best surprise I've ever experienced. Brooklyn Beckham is literally the best thing that's ever happened to me.

He's always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on. We work together in class. His family is just as great as him. Even though I hate his stupid jokes and his stupid face and his stupid voice, I still manage to stick by his side. Because he's my best friend.

My eyes watered once again. This meant so much to me and I couldn't believe Brooklyn had done this for me. I was so thankful for this.

Brooklyn stood back and watched our whole father daughter moment. He stood with that stupid smile of his plastered across his face with his hands stuffed into his pockets.

I left my dad for a second and ran over to Brooklyn. I attacked him with not only a hug, but with a kiss. He was taken aback at first.

I tangled my fingers into his hair while roughly pressing my lips against his. They were soft. I think he was surprised by my actions, but he then removed his hands from his pockets and placed them on either side of my waist.

I eventually had to pull away to catch my breath. I immediately tugged him closer to me and in for a hug.

I met his gaze, "Thank you, I love you so much."

He smiled at me and once more, connected our lips. It just felt so right.

The two of us looked back over to my father who had his face in the palms of his hands. He was shaking his head.

"My daughter's all grown up."
"Dad."
"I can see why Brooklyn would like a beautiful girl like you."
"Stop it," I blushed. I felt Brooklyn grab my hand, "Oh, sorry. Brooklyn, I should've introduced to my dad first. Brooklyn, my dad, Martin."
"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."
"It's just, Martin. I'm not at work at the moment," he chuckled. Just hearing his voice again calmed my nerves, "It's a pleasure to meet someone who means so much to my daughter."

My heart skipped a beat. Would he even approve of Brooklyn? I mean, he just saw us share our first kiss in the middle of an airport. He hardly knows Brooklyn, so what will he think about this situation... It's hard for him to let go his once "little girl".

He moved closer to my dad and wrapped his arms around him. They were close in height. My dad patted him on the back. It touched my heart. This moment meant so much to me and it was unforgettable. This Christmas was going to be a great one. Looks like things would turn out alright too, they seemed to be getting along well.

"No, thank you for bringing me home to my family."
"It was the right thing to do. Now I know my family must be wanting to meet the man I wanted to fly in so badly. They must be looking forward to my best friend's dad."

The temperature of my cheeks increased when Brooklyn finished talking. I love how he called me his "best friend". I thought that was pretty cute.

"Awh, Brook."
"Are you sure she isn't more than that, son?"

The three of us laughed until we were all clutching our stomachs. It really was the best way to start off this Christmas.