2.11

I was too caught up in talking with the girls that I hadn't even noticed that Izzy had vanished. I panicked and quickly weaved through groups of people, desperately trying to find her.

I nearly collided into Liam, "Dude, where's Izzy?! You seen her?"
"No, thought she was with you?"
"Ugh," I groaned, "damn it where is she?!"

I pushed past Liam and continued to search for her. She wouldn't leave without me, would she?

Midnight was getting closer and I needed to find her. Ten minutes left, five minutes left... I saw the silhouette of a girl standing alone outside in the balcony. Please, let that be her.

I opened the door and thankfully, I saw her looking out ahead of her. I forgot to check out here.

She didn't turn to face me, "Brook."
"Thank god, where'd you go?"

I came up behind her and attempted at putting my arm around her, but as soon as my hand touched her, she shoved me away.

"Izzy?"
"What do you want?!"

She seemed angry for whatever reason that was. When I touched her, she was cold, so I took off my jacket and gently wrapped it around her. At last, she turned to face me.

"I don't understand!" She threw her hands up in the air.
"Understand wh-"
"You say you love me, but then you let other girls go all over you like that?! Brooklyn, you may think I'm being unreasonable, but I get jealous. I'm not used to all this! I'm just saying that maybe this won't work. I'm sorry..." She paused before speaking quickly again, "Get someone better, not like me. I don't deserve to be with you. I'm not as pretty as other girls, as skinny, as nice, as funny, as-"

The whole time she was speaking, she didn't acknowledge the countdown going on inside. However, I did. Right at "one", I stepped forward and crashed my lips into hers. I cut her off, but it was only to calm her down.

This time, she didn't choose to push me away. Instead, it was the opposite. She grabbed at my shirt and pulled me even closer to her, not daring to take her lips off mine. I cautiously backed her up until she was in between myself and the railing of the balcony.

Izzy was so fucking gorgeous. Just her lips against mine felt like heaven. I didn't get what she didn't like about herself or her body, it was good timing when I shut her up.

My hands roamed her body as she pulled at my hair. My hat lay on the floor next to our feet. She smiled into the kiss before grabbing my face and pecking my lips one last time. I didn't let her say anything else, by pulling her into a hug. I held her tight in my arms, making her know that she was safe and loved.

"Happy New Years," I whispered into her ear.
"Brooklyn, I'm just-"
I pressed a finger to her lips, "No talking. Get your stuff, let's go for a dip."

I bent down, picked up my hat, and went to go change. Kissing Izzy felt so good. Making her feel happy again felt even better. She was just overthinking. Maybe the fact that her dad just left played a role in all this confusion for her.

She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. All those other girls are fake. She's the real deal. I love her. I want to have a future with her. I want to start a family with her. I want to grow old with her. I don't want anything to tear us apart.

The lower level of the house was an indoor pool. It was magnificent. If only I could have a pool inside my house! I waited by the pool for Izzy. I literally almost fell in when I saw her. She ran over to me and I was expecting a hug or kiss or something, but what I got was a shove into the pool. I swam underwater for a while before resurfacing and splashing water on Izzy.