2.13

"Brook!"
"Brooklyn, come on!"

Victoria and I were both becoming impatient with how long Brooklyn was taking. She was having us go out and do the grocery shopping shopping together since it was late and she had to stay home with the kids. David was out with some of his old teammates who were here visiting. No big deal, just grocery shopping at midnight.

The two of us thought that we were going to have the night to ourselves and watch a movie in the theatre, so we both weren't dressed to go out. It didn't really matter because no one would be out anyway.

Brooklyn tossed me his training jacket and finally got into the car with Alexander and I. The roads were dark and quieter than during the day.

He dropped us off at one of the grocery stores open twenty four hours. He said he'd be waiting outside for us to return.

"What was taking you so long?" I asked him while pushing the cart.
"Looking for my wallet."
"Because?" I asked again.
"To buy something for you, if you want."
"Ice cream."
"Ice cream..." He repeated and laughed afterwards.
"Race you!"

I ran with the cart and headed for the aisle with frozen foods and desserts. No one was really in here to see us, so it didn't matter.

Being faster and having no cart to push, Brooklyn beat me there and stopped the cart. He stumbled over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him as his waist and we both swayed back and forth. Brooklyn cupped my face and squished my cheeks before bending down to kiss me.

"I hope you don't mind all this, I- I mean-," he paused, "The real me. I hope you like it."

He looked nervous as he ran his fingers through his messy, un-combed hair.

"The awkward, shy Brooklyn that the cameras don't see."
"Of course I do. This side of you is actually the cutest and it's a shame that people don't get to see it."

I went back in for the hug. I could feel his heart beating through his chest. It was quick.

When I looked at him again, his cheeks were filled with pink.

"Looks who's blushing now," I teased.

The two of us continued to shop for the rest of the food items on the list Victoria had given us before we left. I didn't mind this at all. I could see myself doing this with Brooklyn in the future and with years to come.

Brooklyn had taken over with the cart and was pushing it slowly behind me, while I was in front scanning the aisles and reading off of the list.

At one point, I felt him grab my waist from behind and pull me back against him. When I turned my head to look up, he was already leaning over to kiss me.

After that, grocery shopping had pretty much come to an end as we double checked the items that we had picked up. We pushed the cart towards the check out with our hands holding each other's as well as the handle on the cart.

"Oh, wait, stop here!" I insisted.

I looked through the small makeup section for things that I needed or wanted.

I picked up a few bottles of nail polish, "Want me to buy them?"
"Brook, I'm just browsing," I put them back as I laughed to myself.
"If you want something-"
"Ice cream. I said ice cream."

He started laughing, but I cut him off when I spotted the large Justin Bieber cutout.

"Brooklyn!"
"Izzy, be quiet! You're screaming in the store!" He held me tight in his arms.
"Justin Bieber!" I screamed again before he covered my mouth.
"What, no 'Brooklyn Beckham!' ?"

I pulled out my phone from the waist band of my shorts and asked him to take a quick picture. He rolled his eyes at me as I posed beside the cardboard cutout of the singer.

"Thanks, bae," I kissed him on the cheek.
"You sure that's still me?"
"Does this answer your question?"

He looked at me for a second and covered my mouth once again in the middle of my announcement.

"I'm the proud girlfriend of-"

He jumped on me to stop me from shouting like a maniac in the middle of the grocery store at almost one o'clock in the morning.

We both giggled at we approached the checkout where the cashier looked at us funny. I looked at Brooklyn who was looking at me and soon our grins turned into smiles which turned into laughs.

The red haired girl recognized who we- well he was and I think wanted a picture, but chose not to ask because it was late and we were on our way. Plus maybe the fact that we weren't even dressed appropriately had a part in it. I'm sure my tank top and shorts and Brooklyn's sweatshirt and shorts didn't qualify as warm clothes for this chilly weather.

I spotted Alexander and signalled for him to come over and collect our groceries. Brooklyn pulled out his mum's card and proceeded to pay.

"You're a Beckham, aren't you?"
"Brooklyn," he smiled.
"We'll have a nice night."
"You too, and take the tip, keep up the great work during these hours," I smiled at the girl because I knew that just made her night.

Brooklyn and I walked hand in hand out of the store. Just as we got outside, I started blaring rap music from my phone and rapping along to the words. Brooklyn got into it two and starting dancing. He attempted to whip numerous times which I responded to with uncontrollable laughter. I started dancing along.

At that time, it was just the two of us in a parking lot, at one o'clock in the morning, dancing and racing each other to the car to see who could squish into the front seat first. But it was all I wanted right now.