You Cancel The Divorce

Ashton : The papers were on your kitchen island and all you could do was stare at them. You couldn't bring yourself to sign your name on the dotted line next to Ashton's name. You just couldn't do it. You picked up the phone and dialed his number, he answered on the second ring. "Yes?" "I can't do it Ashton." he sighed deeply before speaking again. "(YN), we've been through this! We can't stay married, all we do is fight and it wouldn't be fair to the kids."" You shake your head and run a hand through your hiar. "I can't do it Ashton, i still love you, i still care about you. Whatever our problems are, we can fix them. We never tried before, but maybe if we put the kids first, we'll be able to fix us and we can be a happy family all over again. Can we please try again, Ashton?" "One last second chance?" he asks. "Yeah, please come back, i miss you and i need you, Ash!" He laughed on the other line. "Want me to come over and help you pack up them move you back home?" You smile. "Yeah, see you soon. I love you." "I love you more."

Michael: He sat on the other side of the table, your lawyers talking about the conditions of agreement of your divorce. "So, Michael you understand what happens if you sign?" He nodded. "Yeah, i do." The lawyers took a look at you. "And you, (YN)?" You nod. "Yeah, can i ask one thing though." Michael sighed but the lawyer nodded his head. "Yes, what is it?" You looked at Michael. "I want to talk to him outside alone, with no one around to hear us, can we get a few moments alone?" the lawyers looked at each other then looked at Michael who stood up and you followed him. He let you go through the door first then let it shut with a loud thud. "What could you possibly want to talk about, (YN)? Can't we just get this finalized and we can both finally move on?" "Move onto what, Michael? Neither of us have anything to go home to besides loneliness and heartbreak." Michael said nothing, but he knew where it was going, so you continued. "I don't want lonliness and heartbreak, i want you back, i want things to go back to the way they were." "You accused me of cheating nearly every night, (YN)." You shut your eyes tight, trying to repress the memory. "I was scared of losing you." He laughed in annoyance. "(YN), being in a committed releationship is to trust the other and not accuse!" You nod. "I know, i just want you back, i'm not ready to lose you." He sighed and reached his hand out. "Fire the laywers together, or do you want to do it separate?" You smile. "Together, like always."

Luke: "(YN), are you sure you want this?" your soon to be ex-husband, Luke, asked you. You didn't look at him, but nodded your head like you had. "Why do you want to do this?" he asked and you put the pen down and faced him, tears welling up in your eyes. "Because, it'll be better for the both of us in the end, Luke. Being together only brings out the worst in us, and if we're going to be together we need the best of each other. We don't have that and i don't think we can ever have that." Luke shook his head. "We can always try, (YN). What's the harm in trying." "More harsh words being thrown at each other that we'll regret later but the other will be too pissed to be bothered with an apology of the sort." you say and Luke shakes his head, takes your hand, gives the lawyer a slight nod of the head and escorts you out of the room before planting a soft kiss to your lips. "What'd you do that for, Luke? We're about to finalize our divorce that we both wanted." He shook his head. "I no longer want it, (YN), i want to throw it out the window and forget that we ever thought of the idea of a divorce. The entire idea seems so ridiculous now. I can't believe we ever wanted that." You look up at him. "You want the divorce to be forgotten?" He nodded. "How do you suppose we move on from here, Luke?" Luke grinned. "We go back home and we spend the night together like we used to." "Wake up together?" "Forever."

Calum: "I can't believe we're doing this." he says, his voice still calm, while yours would be shaky to the end of the earth if you tried to open it and speak, so all you did was nod. "(YN), why aren't you speaking?" You shake your head and Calum pulls off to the side of the road. "(YN), are you ready for this or not? We either go there and sign the divorce papers, or we still live with the fact that we have to sign them sooner or later." You shake your head. "I don't want to." "What do you mean you don't want to, it was your idea to start with." You look out the window. "I didn't know that this would be how it'd feel, Calum now that it's almost time, i don't want to lose you. I can't believe i came up with the idea for a divorce." Calum shut the car off. "I don't know why i agreed." "Should we be doing this, Calum? Or should we just forget about the entire thing." "Like cancel the divorce." "That's exactly what i'm saying." Calum smiled for the first time since you announced you wanted a divorce. "I like the sound of that." "So, we go back home?" He turned the car back on and headed back to your shared home. "What about my stuff at the apartment?" you ask and Calum laughs. "We'll come back for them later, i just want to bring you home and we can tell everyone the divorce is off." you laugh. "A party for a cancelled divorce? That's so us." you say and Calum cheers. "It sure is baby, i love you!"