Brother's Best Friend

Luke :

"I know your secret." You were sitting outside; you had to get out the tour bus for a little while. You needed air. But apparently, Calum had followed you. You stare up at him confused, not knowing what secret he meant, you had multiple. He rolls his eyes and sits down next to you, his knees pulled up to his chest and his arms around his legs. "Okay, I know your struggles." You shake your head, this boy would never receive the award for 'being absolutely clear when starting a conversation'. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Cal." You say and stare at the space in front of you. You kind of wanted to be alone, but it turned out it wasn't meant to be at this moment. "I'm talking about the fact that you are head over heels in love with Luke but that you won't act on it because of Michael." You refuse to look at him, not willing to give him any more satisfaction than he already will feel because he was absolutely right. Michael is your brother, and while he never said that his bandmates are off-limits, it still felt wrong to like one of them. "I'm not in love..." It's the only response you can come up with, and Calum laughs. You slap his leg, not wanting to be laughed at. "Okay okay, sorry. Fine, you're not in love. But you like him a lot, I can tell. I've known you for ten years, I know you better than you know yourself." He says and you sigh, he is absolutely right. On the contrary to your brother; Calum would catch on when you really liked a guy, and he would usually meddle. "Anyways. I can help you." He says, laying down, not caring you were on concrete. You look over at him and run your hand through your hair. "Fine. I'll bite. How would you help me?" You ask him, laying down next to him, staring at the passing clouds above you. "Make him jealous." He says and this time, you roll your eyes. Making someone jealous never works, and if Luke had the same feelings for you as you had for him, it would only hurt him. "Calum, no, I'm not doing that. It could hurt him, and Mikey would freak out." Calum rolls on his side to face you. "That's why it's perfect! Mikey can get used to you dating one of his friends, and we can see if our little Luke likes you back. Which is something I just don't know... He's my best friend but he's hard to read." You shake your head. No way...Okay, maybe you agreed to Calum's ridiculous plan, and maybe, maybe you were now standing in the back lounge of the tour bus, Calum's hand in yours, a giggling Ashton, a wide-eyed Michael, and just like Calum; you couldn't read Luke either. You had no idea whether he was mad, upset, amused, or maybe even hurt. He just stared at your locked hands, not saying anything. "Uhm mate, you're holding hands with my sister..." Michael says. Before either of you could answer, Luke rushed past the two of you, out of the back lounge, maybe even out of the bus. Calum immediately lets go of your hand. "Well. That's your cue." He says before walking to the empty spot previously occupied by Luke. "Wait. What do you mean?" You ask him, completely ignoring Michael and Ashton who were just as confused on either side of you. "I didn't think he'd be jealous that quickly, but he is. Now go after him!" He says and you don't wait another minute before turning around and trying to find Luke. You don't have to go far, since he had retreated in his bunk. You pull his curtain open and you're immediately met with his bright blue eyes. "Hey." You say softly, not wanting to upset him anymore. "Hi." He answers. You have no idea where to start, but luckily, he makes it easy for you. "I heard what Calum said. That boy is so much smarter than people give him credit for." He says and he scoots further in his bunk. He pats the empty space in front, inviting you to join him. You hoist yourself up and climb into his bunk, lying down next to him. He wraps an arm around your waist. He closes his eyes and snuggles in his pillow, pulling you a tad bit closer, trying to avoid any weirdness. "You were supposed to be holding my hand." You feel the butterflies going crazy in your stomach. "Since when?" You ask him, you're looking at him peacefully lying there, and you think about how badly you'd like to wake up to that face every day. "Since the first time I met you." You're convinced that he has to feel the same, so you cuddle closer to him; kissing his nose before closing your eyes as well. "Don't worry Luke, I'm yours." You say. You're almost asleep when you hear your brother call from another spot on the bus: "Just don't do the dirty when I'm around, because I will walk in and embarrass you both!"