Caught Up In The Cute - Ashton

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE ?

Ashton Irwin is, to say the least, your best friend in the entire world. Ever since you shoved him off the swings in kindergarten, you two have been inseparable. You were both your best when the other was around, and that was 99% of the time. So when Ashton's musical career took flight, it was hard to adjust not having each other around all the time. Some say "absence makes the heart grow fonder", and that's exactly what happened, if that's possible. You were texting and calling eachother constantly, and every chance Ashton had to see you, he would be on the first flight home.

The boys had always joked that the two of you should just date already, that "you already acted like an old married couple anyways." But it wasn't just them; Ashton's growing fanbase was also very in tune to your guys' relationship, and before long you had a ship name and were dubbed the "old married couple" of the band.

Both of you denied being anything but the best of friends, but as of a few months ago, those claims were lies. Ashton's constant traveling made it clear to both of you that your relationship was more than platonic, and the last time he came home he spent the night at your place and well... The rest is history.

You both agreed, however, to keep your relationship between the two of you. Ashton was under enough stress with his growing fame as it was, and neither of you were too keen on putting yourselves up to the ridicule of the fans and media just yet. You decided against telling the boys as well, just so you two could test the waters of this new milestone without any outside pressure.

So far, it's been the best decision of your life.

"y/n, babe, I'm back," Ashton's voice sounds from the front door.

"How was the studio?" you call back from the kitchen. The band was back for a few months to record, and you had temporarily moved into his flat.

"We got like, nothing done. Again," you hear his voice from behind you as you bend over your open cookbook. You feel his arms snake around your waist and his chin rest on your shoulder.

"Well, what do you expect? All of you have the attention span of a goldfish," you reach over for a measuring cup and flour.

"I take offense to that," Ashton says indignantly, "we are all professionals."

"Professional idiots."

"Hey, you shouldn't be so mean to the guy who's house you're staying at." He speaks as if he wasn't the one who begged for you to do it in the first place.

You add eggs and sugar to your mixing bowl and turn to face your boyfriend, who's chin is still rested on your shoulder. You smile at the puppy dog look he's giving you and kiss him on the nose. "I love you."

He grins and turns your head so your lips meet his. Soon you feel his hands slide up your shirt.

You take a step back and pull his hands away.

"Not now, I'm busy." You say sternly as you turn back to your cooking.

"Doing what?"

"Scuba diving," you say sarcastically, "what does it look like? I'm baking cookies."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to."

"No, I meant why as in you can't cook, so why bother?"

You round to give Ashton a death look. "Excuse me?"

Ashton has that cheeky grin plastered on his face, "oh come on y/n, we both know you've always been shit at cooking. Like that last time you tried to make a casserole and you ended up almost setting your apartment on fire-"