I miss you (Luke)

credits to the amazing http://preferences1-d.tumblr.com/

You're sitting in an uncomfortable arena chair, right leg crossed over the left as you scroll through Pinterest. You're starting to realize the jeans you had chosen for the day were a mistake as they seemed to have shrunk since the last time you'd worn them. Usually, your jeans stretched after an hour of wear but not these. Nope, they were killing you. "Jeez, I gotta toss these suckers," you puff through an intake of breath, jostling your phone in surprise when Luke shouts loudly to your left. The device teeters against your palms before you manage to clutch it in your fingers and press it against your heaving chest. "Do you have to do that?" You demand, glaring up at him and he shrugs. "Fucking jerk," you mumbled, standing and storming off from his sound check. You really shouldn't be picking fights with him, not when he's only home for a few short days before going back on the road with the band. But lately, everything he does annoys you. And honestly, you'd rather not be around him when he's acting that way. You hang out backstage for the rest of the afternoon, ignoring his texts and calls begging you to come back out. Instead, you stand off to the side as he strums his guitar while waiting for the tour manager to finish giving corrections to the lighting guy. He's in his own world now, doing what he loves. He's different when he's on stage than he is off stage. He's generally an outgoing guy, the type of guy everyone wanted to be around. But, when he's on stage Luke becomes Luke Hemmings. It's a sight to behold. Even you were often entranced by what he did on stage, and at this point in your relationship, nothing Luke did seemed to entrance you as it once had. Other than him performing live. And sex, but that was a given. A cocky grin spread across his face when the female fans in the sound check audience screamed his name. He switched then, angling his body towards them as he strummed the strings harder to please them. It amazed you, how quickly he could become Luke Hemmings. He was cockier now, now that he'd grown up some in the past few months. Tumblr called it "getting dick slapped by puberty", and it hit Luke hard. When he'd come home from joining One Direction on tour, you couldn't keep your hands off him. He'd gotten taller (if that was possible) and had filled out a little, his jaw a little stronger and his smile a little more grown up. "LUKE" the girls screamed again and he delivered, banging his head to the beat of Ashton's drumming as they teased the girls in the crowd. He looked like a predator in that moment, lips pulled up in a shit eating grin as he appraised the girls with hungry eyes. He chuckled when one of the girls tossed a note on stage, jutting his hips from side to side as he played to Michael's strumming. You missed the old Luke. The one whose ego wasn't stroked by a few screaming girls. "Fame isn't gonna change me love, no worries," he'd said, his voice bouncing around in your head as you wondered off towards the dressing rooms. You hadn't cried yet, and you wouldn't cry now. But, damn if you didn't miss how things used to be before his last name mattered as much as his first.