Blue

Word count: 13.7k

Based off Colours by Halsey.

Summary: 'You were red and you liked me because I was blue.' Dan is an artist who sees people as colours and Phil needs money.  

Warnings: mentions of depression and antidepressives  

LIFE DRAWING MODEL NEEDED

Must be willing to be drawn nude. Any gender or physique but must be interesting. Must be 20-30 years old. Will pay £50 per session or hours. Discuss in person. Model must be available after 8pm. Preferable long term commitment.

Contact number: 07913362736

Dan Howell

Phil stared at the poster and chewed his lip. Money was tight, and this was harmless, right? He fitted each category, was the right age, was any gender and owned a body. He didn't really know what 'interesting' meant but he was covered in little moles he guessed might make him that? Phil could do nights and wasn't planning to leave town for a while. If it was long term fifty quid seemed pretty good as well. And being drawn naked couldn't hurt. Unless the guy started doing close ups of his crotch, then he might be a little skeptical.

Phil didn't earn much fixing junk up that people just might buy and his heating was going to be shut off soon. It was winter, and that was one of the last things he'd need. He punched the number into his phone and pressed the dial button. Someone picked up after four rings.

"Hello," he heard on the other end and Phil cleared his throat.

"Hi, I'm called Phil and I'm calling about your ad for a life model?" he checked, hoping the number was right.

"Yes. I'm Dan. Are you interested?" The voice asked, and it sounded disembodied and monotonous. Phil swallowed.

"Yeah, I am,"

"Willing for me to see your dick?" Dan asked bluntly and Phil blushed.

"Yeah, I mean, as long as you don't just like, draw only that," He said and he heard a dry laugh.

"How much do you need the money?" Phil scratched the back of his neck.

"Pretty badly,"

"Perfect." Phil wet his lips. "I'll save your number and text you when I want you. Are you not free at any points and willing to be on call?"

"I can't do Sundays but any other day I can,"

"Good. We'll talk about payment when we meet. I'll text you my address and you'll come over tonight. Bye."

Phil tried to reply but the line was cut off. He stared at the phone in his hand. Dan didn't seem too normal. His voice wasn't soft, and it certainly wasn't friendly. His words were to the point and every one had a bitter edge to it. Honestly, Phil was quite nervous. He knew this was London but most people were at least polite.

His phone buzzed and he received a text from an unknown number with an address and a time. Phil saved it quickly but didn't reply. Money was money, he didn't need to get too involved.

*

Dan opened the door and narrowed his eyes, then smirked. "Phil?" he asked and he sounded bored. Phil licked his lips. At least Dan looked young. He had a paintbrush behind his ear and black paint splatters were up his arms which made Phil wonder what he'd been doing before he'd turned up. His hair looked like it had collected dust in it from months ago and a cigarette hung from his lips.