On a crowded tube

Genre: HELLA fluff

Word count: 1.5k

Ever since Dan had confessed to himself how he felt about Phil, he hated having to be stuck in small spaces with him.

Whether it be a crowded elevator or even passing each other in the small hallways, he hated it. He just wanted to grab him and kiss him and that urge always increased whenever they were close enough for it to happen.

The problem with this was that Phil was happy with being close, he found it casual to move closer into Dan if they were trying to make more room. He didn't care if fans saw and tried to make rumours.

It was exactly this which made Dan hate the tube in rush hour; too many people per car, all hating being there, fighting for seats and trying not to smell the heavy scent of BO.

Well, Dan would say that but what he really hated was that he would be close enough to see the flecks of gold in Phil's eyes, to be a part of his smile, to smell his aftershave and deodorant and that smell of something sweet and baked that Dan still couldn't put a finger on.

That was why Dan hated the tube the most. It was just too hard.

So today was just another hard day, the only problem was that they had set off later than usual to get to the radio 1 building, meaning they had caught it at it's busiest. Using a main line tube didn't help.

The tube rolled into their platform where Dan was tapping and Phil's leg was jiggling nervously before they saw how crammed full the car was in front of them. And the ones beside it.

Shit.

"Come on Dan get on." Phil said and Dan bit his lip, taking a few steps as his friend jumped onto the car, already standing pretty much in the door while he was crammed in with the rest of the people standing up.

"I'm gonna fall out at this rate." Dan mumbled and grabbed onto the rail behind Phil, awkwardly leaning around him and then he froze as he felt Phil's arm snake around his waist and grip firmly.

"What are you doing?" Dan asked, stuttering a little as he knew his cheeks were flushing.

"Stopping you from falling," Phil said simply as the doors closed.

"I won't fall, don't worry about me," Dan said, hoping he would move his arm before his temperature turned into a fever.

"Okay." Phil said lightly, a small, knowing smile written across his lips.

The tube started to move and naturally, Dan fell forwards into Phil, not being prepared and feeling torso collapse against him before he pulled away quickly and ducked his head.

"Sorry," Dan numbed and Phil just smiled, and Dan felt his arm back at his waist.

"Don't worry about it," Phil said and Dan bit his lip.

"But if a fan sees us?" Dan half asked and Phil just shrugged.

"It's not like they would get a good picture, it's too crammed. Also it's just like we're posing for a photo, so really don't worry Dan, you're just getting your nerves before the show," Phil said and Dan let out a little smile. Phil really knew him better then anyone. "I know everything about you remember."

Mind reader.

The tube stopped and with Phil's firm grip Dan didn't wobble so much, only leaning into Phil slightly, but their faces had been so close the only thought running through Dan's head had been his lips on Phil's, everyone on the tube disappearing and the journey lasting forever.