Business trip

Genre: much fluff
Word count: 8609

"BRRRIIINNGGG!" Phil groaned and hit is alarm clock, knocking it to the floor. The ringing sadly didn't recede so he ripped the covers off and slung his legs over the side of his bed. He grabbed the annoying clock and switched it off, sighing heavily.
"First day of work Phil, you don't want to be late," he said to himself.

He dragged himself out of his bed ad walked through to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and washed his face, groaning at his own reflection. Tired eyes and messy hair, not the best look for creating a good impression.

He flicked through his wardrobe for some clothes that seemed suitable, pulling out some trousers and a shirt. He pulled them on along with a clean pair of boxers and fixed a tie in place. It was a nice day so he didn't really need a jacket, jut a cardigan. He didn't want to seem to upright, it was magazine work anyway.

He grabbed his satchel, shoving a notebook and various pens and papers into it, he wasn't too sure what he would be doing yet, but he knew it involved writing, so what better than equipment to make sure he was able to do that, though he was pretty sure he would be using a computer.

He checked his watch and took his keys off the hook by the door. As he left his house he saw the bus he needed to catch and started running after it. Luckily, the stop was only down the road but he couldn't be late on his first day. He managed to hop on the bus just in time, praying he hadn't forgotten anything.

As he sped along to the office he flopped back into his seat, trying to find the courage to get off at his stop instead of running away or just staying on the bus. He put on some music instead and listened to it through his headphones, trying to calm his nerves a little, but it didn't do very well.

When he got to the sky high building he was now working in he had to take an elevator up to the 13th floor, riding upwards towards the clouds. When he stepped out he wasn't really sure what to do, but another man saw him and walked over to him.

"Phil, right? I'm Dan. I have been told I have to show you around the office and what to do as we luckily get to work together. Follow me."

Phil stared at him, his voice had been dripping with sarcasm. He didn't know someone could be so rude.

Dan turned and looked after him to see him turn back and roll his eyes.
"Well come on then. God. I thought you would have been smarter than this."

Phil scurried after him, tripping over his feet in his hurry. He felt like this was his first ever job again, and that had not been fun at all.

"Over there is where you can have your lunch, you get half an hour at 12:30 then it's back to work."

He led him over to a cubicle where he took Phil's bag and dumped it on the table.

"Here is your desk, work will either be emailed or put in your in-tray depending on what project you are doing. Any articles you write will have to be sent to Robbie your boss if they are good enough after it has been seen by Chris who will tell you if you need to add changes. As you can see it's busy here and I have just wasted time showing you around when I could be working on a project I am part way through. If you go and see Chris, he will tell you what to do. He's over by the coffee machine."

He walked away, leaving Phil stranded. He looked towards the coffee maker Dan had pointed over to and saw a man pouring dark brown liquid into a mug. At least he looked friendly, rather than meanie pants 'Dan'.

He bit his lip and started walking over to the man, hoping that it was Chris, and that he wouldn't make a complete idiot of himself.
"Hi, I'm Phil. Are you Chris?" he said, holding out his hand to for him to shake it.
"Yeah I'm Chris, you must be the new guy,"
"Dan said I should come and talk to you, he didn't really explain why..." He trailed off, hoping he would explain what was up with him.
"Yeah, he can be weird around new people but when he gets to know you he will be fine. He probably told you to see me about what work you will be doing. I will start you off by sending you information to turn into an article for the magazine. The email address should already be in your computer, I think Dan set it up for you. See, he's not all bad. Good luck, I will go and send it to you now."