This is halloween? (Part 1)

This is actually a two shot combined with The nightmare before Christmas to celebrate Halloween! The next part will be up at some point in the future so bug me about it and I will write it.

Genre: just fluff (but will have more action in later)

Word count: 10762

"Another great year from our pumpkin king!" The mayor shouted from the stage, everyone turning around from their conversations to watch and were clapping loudly. They had loved it. And now Phil had to make a speech. Just like last year, and the year before. And all the years before that.

He sighed and scratched the back of his neck, scraping his fingers against hard bone was well as his remaining soft flesh, making him squirm nonetheless him being used to it.

"Phil, come out and say a few words will you?" The mayor said brightly and Phil came out from behind the stage curtain.

Everybody started clapping and cheering and Phil managed to put some kind of smile on his face, hopefully it look enigmatic. At least that part of him hadn't rotted away yet so he looked half decent.

"Hello all! This year was just absolutely frightening wasn't it?" He said loudly, and everyone screamed as a loud 'yes'. "But it will be nothing compared to next year I promise, so all be prepared for the terrible tricks that will be coming your way." he said cheekily, then bowed.Thank god one of the reasons he was loved was because he could act.

He turned, going back behind the stage where a bunch of witches had gathered, waiting for him to ambush him with compliments and awkwardly painful flirtations.

"Oh Phil you were truly amazing-"

"So horrifying!"

"Absolutely gruesome and gory!" All the witches babbled at the same time.

"Thank you ladies, how sweet of you," Phil said, smiling worriedly at the compliments, starting to back away a little. But they kept advancing.

"I don't get how you still have some skin after that burning." One witch cooed, stroking his arm. Phil wrenched it away quickly had an idea, pulling a shocked face and pointing behind him randomly.

"Look! How horrifying!" He shouted, and the witches span around excitedly, giving Phil enough time to slip through the cemetery gates and close it carefully.

He sped quickly down the path, dodging in and out of a few tombstones, stumbling a little as his foot clicked, the bones rubbing against one another.

Phil looked behind him and sighed in relief. He did that a lot these days; sighing. He just felt so tired and worn out. And mind blowingly bored. Every year was the same and he didn't really want to do it anymore, this was the 3rd time he had set himself on fire in 7 years, and that was too many for his liking.

He started walking slowly though the cemetery, his long legs sometimes clunking as he walked. He really didn't fit in here anymore, he was still mostly human for gods sake, and he didn't really like scaring his town anymore, and wasn't the most keen in the first place.

The problem was, he couldn't exactly say he was giving up on his role of 'Pumpkin King', the town would hate him and no one would understand why he stopped. Apart from maybe his friend Sally. She had been made by the town's professor and she hated having to live with him, she had no freedom. She got what it was like for Phil to hate what he was forced to do, and to be falling to pieces- literally. That and she found it fascinating Phil could remember his life before he died, and why no one else could, but Phil knew the reason; He was an outcast to the rest. Simple as that.