3am with you

Genre: fluffy drabble, following on from the previous fic '3am I watch you sleep'

Word count: 403

It's 3am and I'm still here. I'm just lying next to you now.

I couldn't break the habit, I still like to watch you sleep. But now if you wake up, I don't have to hide. You give me a sleepy smile and cuddle into me because you are finally mine. After about a year of watching, I can call that gentle face mine.

You still look as beautiful as ever.

I get to see you closer up now. Your face buried childishly into my body, hiding part of it as your hair hides the rest. Your body is right next to mine, my fingers tangled in your hair. Sometimes it looks all fluffy and cute, just like how innocent you are as soon as you close your eyes, as well as when you're awake. Then sometimes it's tufty where sweat and my hands have been running through it after... Less innocent things.

Any time you are still beautiful.

It's 3am and I have you here in my arms. Your hot breath is in my neck, hands clasped around my body, determined not to let me go, not now I am finally here.

Not that I would go anywhere. At 3am, I'm never anywhere else.

I love it when it's late and you talk to me about your dreams, your fears, everything. I didn't realise how much I really love you until you told me you were scared of waking up and me never being there. It was like you knew, somewhere deep down that I watch you.

I promise I will never leave you. I will always be here when you wake up. If I wasn't, I would miss your sleepy smile, your croaky voice, those perfect but slightly disgusting morning kisses. Everything truly important.

You still don't know that every morning, at 3am, I watch you sleep.

You always look perfect at that time, and now instead of wishing to know your dreams, I share them and learn about them. It's perfect in your head, Phil.

Every night at 3am I watch you sleep, but I never knew until I told you, that you do the same.

Maybe I look as beautiful as you at 6am. I really hope so.