Across the street

Genre: Fluff based on Cornetto Cupidity - Beauty and the Geek. (Cornetto's cupidity videos are really cute so go look them up on youtube and watch this one as it is super cute :3 just watch them all actually they're all great)

Word count: 6548

There is a boy I see everyday after school. He lives opposite me and always has a silly little smile on his face whenever I see him.

We go to different schools, and we don't actually speak, but each day when I get around halfway home he is sitting on a fuse box at a corner, pretending to read a book. As soon as I see him I can't help but smile.

He will jump down after me just as I pass and go on the other side of the smallish street, strolling happily, casting glances my way. I always have to try and contain a smile, even though he knows he makes me laugh.

Yesterday he started to copy what I was doing until I noticed and started playing up to it, beginning to spin down the street- until I hit a lamppost. He had laughed and it was the first time I had properly heard his voice. His laugh is the single most beautiful noise in the universe. Even though my knee hurt from where it had collided with the pole I couldn't help but grin back at him. We had started to hobble forwards until he broke into a run, me laughing a following him, seeing the biggest smile thrown back at me.

We had exchanged laughs.

I don't know his name, or age, barely his eye colour. I only knew he's amazing, had black hair, and goes to the school next to mine, which was very strict. And that his laugh, just like him, is perfect.

We had reached our doors and he had sorted out his uniform to make more presentable before waving to me and disappearing inside.

I had rushed inside myself, dropping my stuff and running up to my room where I peered through the curtain, seeing him talking with his mother who was straightening his tie more while he complained. Just like his school, his mum was strict too. It seemed mismatched for someone as unique as the boy.

His mum left the room and I saw him turn to the window, where he saw me. I ducked away quickly, going red, but leaned around to see him smiling brightly. I hadn't seen him for the rest of the evening, but I had still thought of him a lot.

Today I got to his little spot first. I was sat reading, and I almost missed him pass me. I would have, if the book hadn't have been swiped out of my hand.

I had shouted after him to see him grinning as he ran around the corner, me quickly swinging my backpack onto my shoulders and racing after him, seeing him hiding behind a tree on his side of the street. The tree was stick thin, so of course I could see him, but to get my book back I would have cross the street. That was something I haven't done before.

I quickly looked to make sure no bikes were coming before slowly walking up to the tree, where I saw him start to giggle, and lurched away just as I reached out my hand to grab my book back. I raced after him down the middle of the street, managing to grab onto his bag, pulling him backwards so I could try and grab the book, but he held it high above my head.

I jumped up and grabbed it before running to my house, turning at the door and winking as I saw him reach his own, waving the book tauntingly before sneaking inside. I didn't hear the first words he called after me.

*

I can see him studying from his window, headphones in his ears so I don't get to hear the music he listens to. It's a shame, because his window is open. I wonder if he likes the same music I do.

I should be reading my book right now for school, but he's much more pretty to look at. If I keep doing this I am definitely going to fail my classes.