Purple

Word count: 10.2k 

Genre: fluffy fluff wooooo

AN: i think i like doing things to do with colours and as you guys seemed like like 'Red' a lot here's another coffee shop themed colour thing, but this time, it's auras (oooooooh)

He's like the ocean and I'm the dark grey that fades into black sunk right below him. No one notices black when there's bright blue to see.

_______

Dan trudged through the streets, working his way to Starbucks. He slipped in and behind the counter, saying hello to his friend and clocking in, sighing at how many bright colours were around him.

"Still no luck?" Louise asked him as she passed him a drinks order and he rolled his eyes, gesturing to himself.

"Am I still black?"

"It will happen soon I'm sure," she said, patting his shoulder and Dan raised his eyebrows.

"Lou I am the only twenty three year old to still have a black aura after turning eighteen. No one's colour is black but it's mine and I hate it. It's never going to change and I'm going to be murky for the rest of my life," he told her, passing her the drink he made as she sighed at him.

"You just need to find something to make you happy. Then you will start to take on colour," she said and Dan rolled his eyes.

"I wish."

Louise was Dan's best friend and she was candy floss pink aura-wise. It suited her well, matching the ends of her hair. She had gotten her aura on the midnight of her eighteenth birthday just like everyone and Dan wasn't surprised. She was one of the kindest happiest people ever, and it was definitely the right colour for her. Of course she wouldn't be the odd one out.

But then there was Dan. He still woke up, hoping to see his aura shimmering off him in some form of colour, not the dense hue he had had since birth. Everyone else could see their colour when they had gotten it, why couldn't he? He knew it wasn't like he had his own colour yet, but it was unfair that he couldn't at least see it.

It really didn't help when he got asked about it. People didn't quite discriminate him for it, he wasn't stopped from doing anything by people, they were more just... Frustratingly curious. People would ask him over and over why he was still black and he could only ever reply with 'I don't know'. They were that or looked at him as if he was dangerous, or made them uncomfortable. People who did that didn't deserve colour in Dan's opinion.

He had even gone to the doctors about it, and they didn't have a clue what to say, just told him it must be some kind of defect, but at least it made him unique.

But Dan didn't want to be black. He wanted to shine, he wanted to add colour to the world, like everyone else. Not be someone that everyone could compare their lives to to feel better.

"Order for blue, hot chocolate." Louise told him and Dan nodded, starting to make it before scribbling 'blue' on the cup, looking up and he was about to yell before he saw who Louise must have been talking about.

And God was he blue.

A man a bit older than Dan was waiting around, black hair similar to Dan's and his shiny coat wrapped around him. But none of that mattered because he was lighting up the whole shop.

His aura was fascinating, a bright light blue and shimmering, making him look like an angel.

"Fuck." Dan breathed. But the man really did take his breath away. Dan wished he could be like that, but compared, he probably looked like a demon.