University roommates

It's my birthday so I thought I would upload a cute fic because I haven't finished my brotherly love chapter because hell I don't wanna write sad stuff on my birthday

Genre: HELLA cute fluffy fluff where they get together and aww

Word count: 6523

"Alright Dan, this is where it gets serious." he muttered to himself as he pulled his bag through the grounds. Luckily for him it wasn't raining like it had been for the past week and the sun was starting to shine through the trees on his new campus.

He looked around as he walked, checking the map that had been shoved his way when he came through. He was in room 221b- the rooms were split up or something- in Baker block. The dormitory buildings were apparently named after the founders of the uni, and there were quite a few, Dan he hadn't really cared when being shown around before, it had been pretty boring really.

Now he regretted it as he had no idea where the hell he was going.

He continued until he saw the building and dragged his trunk behind him, cutting across some grass quickly before noticing the 'Do not walk on grass' sign. "Oops." he thought, going back onto the path awkwardly, hoping no one had seen and would shout at him. Thought that might give him a badass reputation. 'Dan Howell who is so hard he will walk on grass he isn't supposed to'. Or maybe not.

He pulled it into the lobby and saw an elevator. He clicked the up button and waited, tapping his feet impatiently. The doors pinged open to reveal two people making out heavily. Oops, good start Dan.

They broke apart when they saw Dan and stepped out, hardly caring as the girl tugged on the guys hand, pulling it suggestively. The boy raised his eyebrows at Dan, and then followed after. Well... That had already been interesting.

Dan stepped quickly into the elevator and pressed 2nd floor button. He rose upwards, feeling a little nervous. He was going to meet his roommate soon. He hoped he would be nice enough, and he was at least mostly neat.

Dan walked down the hallway, counting the numbers on the door until he found his own. Taking a deep breath he twisted the key in the lock and dragged his bag in, noticing one of the beds had been taken, but that no one was there, thank god.

A Muse poster was already displayed on that side of the room with a toy lion placed carefully on the pillow. Dan nodded in approval at the poster, the boy had good music taste, hopefully the rest of him would be okay.

He hauled his trunk into the bed and decided to start unloading it. He pulled out clothes and saw the his wardrobe nearby his bed and opened it, starting to shove seemingly endless amounts of clothes into it. He brought out his own posters, Fall Out Boy, Halo, and Adventure Time ones. (He had left his Avengers one at home, it was too precious.) He placed them above his bed and bounced a little on it, testing out the springs. It felt secure enough, and he didn't want to be fussy, mind you, he couldn't be picky.

He took out all the rest of his things from his bag and when it was empty stored it under his bed. He had left his sheets on pillow and decided to change them, making them more interesting. His dark grey and black checks contrasted weirdly from his roommates bright green and blue, but Dan wasn't a dark person, he just suited the colours. Actually, looking at them more closely, they were exactly the same style, both from the fabulous ikea, just different colours. Dan chuckled lightly, they shared pattern choices as well.

He finished and flipped back onto his bed and closed his eyes, trying to get the feel of it. The bed felt quite new so it didn't really feel like it would cause him any pain, but he guessed he would find out later. Dan sat up and flicked on the iPod speakers which were set up beside his bed, putting his iPod on shuffle, letting the music flow around him. He pulled out his laptop and plugged the charger in, it had horrifically died on the journey there, leaving Dan halfway through a movie which has pissed him off quite a lot. His mum had texted him earlier to tell him to Skype her when he was settled into his dorm. Since his ghost room-sharer was out he thought now would probably be a good time.