Tent troubles

Genre: fluffy fluff
Word count: 3017

For izzy as she saw this idea and wanted me to write it so merry Christmas or something for you

"Okay who's idea was this?" Dan asked, holding up a pole and glaring around at the other boys.
"It wasn't mine, it was Pj," Chris said quickly, pointing and Pj held his hands up in surrender.
"I just wanted to go exploring, Phil said we should camp," he said and Dan turned his gaze to Phil who stepped back awkwardly.
"I thought it would be fun, and you always said we should all go camping together," Phil said honestly and Dan scowled.
"Oh stop being a cry baby because you can't put up a tent," Chris said, rolling his eyes before tripping over a bag of pegs, making the others snigger.
"It's not too bad Dan, just actually read the instructions," Pj told him. "And don't give any of this 'I'm a man I don't need instructions' crap as you will forget it," Pj warned and Dan muttered under his breath, starting to put the tent together properly.

Phil watched him, smiling fondly at him until Chris threw a ball at his head and raised his eyebrows at him, and Phil blushed and turned away. He picked up the ball and chucked it back to Chris, before sorting out the rest of his tent.

It was slightly wonky when it was done, but Phil was still pretty proud.
"Hey do you guys wanna go have a game of hide and seek in the woods? But like not go too far?" Pj suggested, and as it was starting to get dark, it seemed like quite a fun idea.
"Yeah but we have gotta have torches or it's not fun when we jump out at people," Chris said.
"Or when monsters attack," Dan added.
"Or space pirates!" Pj yelled, jumping at him and he dodged out the way, laughing as Pj stumbled.
"With these cat like reflexes no one will capture me," Dan boasted, and Phil just smiled cheekily.
"Looks like you're on then. Give us 100 seconds to hide and then come and find us. If not all of us are found by half past come back to the site. Ready? Go!" Phil shouted and him, Pj and Chris ran for the woods while Dan closed his eyes and started to count.

They hit the forest together and kept running, all heading in the same direction before Pj broke off the the left. Phil went right as he saw Chris stop and start to climb a tree. He didn't have much time left so he kept running before he saw a tree he could climb himself and hoisted himself up into it, climbing up a short way so he wasn't too high up, but wouldn't be seen easily. He switched of his torch and slid it into his pocket before making sure he wouldn't fall.

He got comfortable and checked his watch. He had 20 minutes before he needed to go back if Dan couldn't find him. 20 minutes to sit and wait and do nothing. Great.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he saw a text from Chris.

When are you going to tell Dan you're still butt crazy in love with him?

Never, stop asking me that

Why not though? What do you have to lose?

Him

But he wouldn't leave, even after all that happened. Remember when he fucked up real bad, and was then begging you to come back and he promised it would never happen again? Ever since you did that, he's hardly let you out of his sight, even when you fucked up a little and said you should take a break which turned into a lot longer than that he still cares, he wouldn't leave you

I don't want to make it awkward though, I know he doesn't feel the same

Its been a year! Any awkward you had was gone and who knows, sometimes I see him looking at you like he used to, maybe he does

don't get my hopes up, please

fine, but please just think about it again

oh go hide in a tree