Met you in the waiting room

Word count: 3.4k

Genre: Look it fluff with more fluff and cute shit im so tired its just v cute and should have been posted like a week ago oops but it cute

Dan hated waiting at the doctors. Especially when there was some old man coughing loudly behind him and the receptionist looked grumpy from being up so early. And about twenty other sick people were waiting, meaning Dan would be here for a while.

Dan just needed a blood test for fucks sake, he really didn't need to be waiting for another hour when it had been fifteen minutes already. Not that Dan wanted the blood test, he hated them, he just wished he didn't have to wait. Waiting always made it worse.

The problem with it being so busy this morning was that there were getting to few seats that weren't next to Dan. And he really didn't want to be infected, he had to speak on the radio thank you, he didn't need some shitty cold to ruin his voice and make him need to blow his nose a billion times between each song.

So he would be grateful if no one with the plague sat beside him.

He watched people slide through the doors every so often, no one really causing his attention to peak until a tall gangly man walked in, tugging his hat off and giving his name to the receptionist, flattening down his dark messy hair.

He turned around and Dan could see how ill he was. The most recent cold seemed to have got him bad. And although it was mean, Dan really hoped he didn't sit next to him.

The boy looked around and spotted the only remaining seat.

He flopped down next to Dan, coughing as he did and Dan held his breath.

Well shit.

The man was fumbling around in his pockets, sighing heavily and sniffing as he couldn't find what he was looking for.

Something in Dan's heart made him feel sorry for the man that was actually quite cute- under all the germs of course. He may have had bags under his blood shot eyes and his nose might have been red and sore and his lips chapped, but he was definitely attractive.

That or Dan was insane.

Dan reached into his pocket and pulled out a packet of tissues, offering them to the man.

"Really? Thank you, you're a life saver," he said, taking one and blowing noisily, making Dan flinch.

"Take them all," Dan decided, not really wanting to have contact again in case he caught the illness. He didn't know how much Phil cared for hygiene.

"Thank you. That's really sweet,"

"I don't really need them," Dan said, turning a little to face the man.

"I see that, considering you don't look like death," the man mumbled and Dan smiled sympathetically.

"If I lose my voice then I pretty much can't do my job so," Dan said and the man looked at him curiously. "Well more than most people,"

"What do you do?"

"I'm a radio presenter for radio one," Dan said and the man's face lit up.

"That's really cool," he said wistfully. "I always liked the idea of presenting stuff, I used to want to be a weatherman," he told him with a weak chuckle.

"What do you do?" Dan asked and the man chewed his lip.

"I make YouTube videos. Kind of professionally, like vlogging? Like I know it sounds stupid but people watch me and seem to like it," the man said and blushed, looking a bit embarrassed.