Potions to remember

Genre: fluffy Harry Potter crossover
Word count: 9796

Dan walked into the great hall with Chris at his side. It was the start of their 5th year, the start of their OWLs and their future in the magical world. They didn't really care much about that at the moment, it was the start of term, exams were ages away, no worries for now.

They took their place in the centre of the Gryffindor table and started chatting more about their holidays, and girls they had tried to pick up in the muggle world. It hadn't gone well for either of them. They were the known pranksters of the school, even the Slytherins' liked them, and that was saying something. Dan was also known as a bit of a player, he had messed around with quite a few girls last year giving him a different kind of reputation. A few years after the Great War everything at Hogwarts had been turned back to normal, with Professor McGonagall as headmistress. They had been in her office quite a few times, but she had a soft spot for their antics, so they didn't get as badly punished as they sometimes should have.

Almost automatically one of the girls Dan had fooled around with last year came over and slid onto the bench beside him.
"Hey babe, good summer?" She asked him.
"Yeah Kristen it was great," Dan smiled back.
"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up later, I've missed you," she flirted, and Dan winked at her.
"I'll tell you if I'm busy." He said and she giggled before getting back up and wiggling away to her friends.
"Why do you do that?" Chris asked him once she had left.
"Do what?"
"Lead girls on. You said you'd stop doing that,"
"I have!"
"That doesn't look like stopping to me. You need to tell her you don't do that anymore and that you're sorry okay?"
"Yeah, I'll do it later when I can get her on her own. I'm sorry,"
"It's fine, just seriously stop, it's not who you are, and you're pretty awesome anyway so stop changing, those girls aren't worth it, just try and maybe find someone who you want a relationship with this year, you know, with actual feelings,"
"Yeah I will," Dan chuckled. "Thanks Chris."

"So, you excited for this year? I bet it will be good. I wanna look for a lass right away," Chris told Dan, who just smirked.
"So you're not gonna bother with exams and doing well for the rest of your life? Smart," Dan quipped back.
"You're just jealous as I could actually get a girl," Chris said cockily.
"She won't be no Cassidy Finnigan that's for sure," Dan laughed. She was the most beautiful girl in their year, and was also in their house. Chris had always had a soft spot for her Irish charm, but was weirdly too shy to ever talk to her, let alone ask her out (so Dan had never tried anything with her).
"Are you saying I couldn't get Cassidy to be my girlfriend?" He asked stoutly.
"Have you seen her? Also she has a boyfriend," Dan said casually, regretting it slightly as he saw Chris's face fall.
"Who?" He asked, wrinkling his nose.
"A guy called Pj I think. A Ravenclaw," he said, turning to look behind him and the next table on and tried to spot him. He saw him and tapped Chris, pointing him in his direction.
"Tosser." Chris mumbled as he turned back around.

But Dan kept staring. Not at Pj, at the boy next to him. His bright blue eyes were staring back into his. He blinked, and the boy had turned away, was talking to Pj again. It looked like they were mates, but Dan hadn't noticed him before. His black hair fell across his forehead in a style much like Dan's, his tie knotted loosely around his neck and the colour of it making his eyes glint the same shade of blue when light fell on them. He was mesmerising.

Dan's eyes were only torn away when he heard the chatter die down and a loud clap ring through the room. He looked up to the teachers' table and saw professor McGonagall standing up, starting to make her start of year speech.

He honestly didn't listen to most of it, he was too busy turning back and looking at the boy with the bright blue eyes and dark hair. He looked interested in what Professor McGonagall was saying, so after a while Dan decided he would listen too, but he only got the last part because of how distracted he had been.