Red

Word count: 3719

Genre: coffee shop au where hair colours reflect emotions and its very very fluffy like pure fluff

Dan always liked his morning coffee. He liked going to the Starbucks just around the corner from his house and simply spending half an hour sitting and watching the people's colours around him while he sipped something to keep him warm. England in the middle of winter wasn't the easiest to endure without a little heat.

Today was different when he walked in. Usually- as this was his normal routine- his hair would always stay it's natural colour, a muddy brown he honestly hated.

Except when he sat down with his order, something was different; a boy with light pink hair and burning blue eyes was staring at him from a table in the corner.

And he was cute.

Dan felt his cheeks rising in colour and he started trying to sort out his hair to try and look more respectable and not like he had rolled out of bed and was still wearing the top he wore for pyjamas under his coat. Oh god, why today of all days had he decided to look so sloppy?

Shit, his hair was pink too! What a give away; pink hair and looking scruffy, the boy across the room must be laughing at him.

But the boy was still pink, and had obviously seen Dan staring back by the fact he was concentrating awfully hard on stirring his coffee. Dan bit his lip and smiled to himself, staring down at the table.

It was times like this he wished he wasn't so shy. He would do what his hair was showing and go and tell the boy how he thought he was cute too.

He just couldn't quite make his legs move.

Dan looked up once more and tried to smile at the boy, but as his luck would have it, he was gone, and Dan could just see a pink hair and gangly figure walking away down the street.

He let his head flop onto the table and scowled at himself. Idiot! He had really missed his chance.

And now his hair was blue. Great, everyone would know he was upset.

Probably looked better than stupid crushing pink.

Idiot.

*

Dan had been forced to go to a club with his friends and he wanted to go.

If he was honest, his hair was still tinged blue from not getting up the courage to talk to that boy earlier. So he was alone at the bar and moping, letting his friends laugh alone while he looked around at most of the people's hair colours.

Most were a shade of yellow for happiness, there were a few blue like him, a couple of orange who were apparently angry about something, but then there were the purples. Lust. Being in a club late was where most of the people who were horny and wanted some 'fun' would go.

No pink though.

Which was good. Dan hated that colour, it was so stupid.

Okay he was lying, the boy wouldn't leave his head and now he was very aware that his hair was getting more sad by the second. He should go home, this was definitely not the place for him right now.

Actually, purple was almost as stupid as pink, and one was walking towards him right now.

Time to go and spend the night alone, dark blue and shining.

*

His hair had improved a little this morning. It was just a few streaks of colour, but overall he was mostly brown as dirt.