|22| Children In Treehouses

(A/N) OKAY SO THE BREAKING FREE GEEKS (That's right I'm looking at you Ness and Harley) ARE GONNA LOVE THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I INCLUDED AN OLD SCENE FROM BREAKING FREE AND EXPANDED ON IT.

I PICTURE THE TREEHOUSE SCENE LIKE THE SCENE FROM HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3 (MINUS SINGING) WHICH IS WHY I ATTACHED THE PICTURE FOR A VISUAL OKAY ILY GUYS.

Louis' POV:

"Louis." Liam said with a grim look plastered across his face.

"What's wrong with you? You're acting a bit-"

Liam cut me off before I could finish that thought. "I don't want for you to freak out but you need to turn around and see who Katie is talking to at the buffet table."

I squinted at Liam's vague order. Slowly I turned around and my eyes were met with the last person I expected to see here.

At first I didn't think about it. Immediately my eyes focussed on the two girls. Katie caught my attention straight away, then I noticed the bright red colored dress worn by Eleanor...

Eleanor. Is. Here.

"Why do you think she's here?" Liam asked me.

All of sudden her head turned and she looked in my direction. I panicked and grabbed Liam by his suit jacket to pull him along with me as we ducked behind a decorative fern.

"Do you think she's looking for me?" I whispered to Liam.

"You don't have to whisper, Lou, she's clear across the room." Liam laughed a bit insensitively. "Anyway, you cannot hide behind a fern all night. You have to face her."

"What if she's still wanting to get back together?"

"Then you have to tell her the truth. You can't hide from her forever. She thought she could hide from you forever and look how that ended up?"

"But she didn't have this nice fern?" I smirked and Liam shook his head at me.

I sighed and slumped over. I knew Liam was right. Sometimes I doubt myself. I've made such stupid mistakes before in Eleanor's presence, I'm so afraid of it happening again.

Simultaneously we both peered through the leaves of the plant to watch the two girls. Katie seemed to have disappeared but Eleanor was...

Shit, she's coming over to us.

"Liam, don't leave." I begged him to stay as my support system but he had already got to his feet. "Liam..." I sighed.

"I'm going to find Sophia." Liam stated as he straightened his tie. "Besides if you don't do this on your own, you'll never prove anything to yourself."

Why is he this way?

"Liam...Liam..." I whispered loudly hoping to call him back but he was too far away from me. Quick lad, that Liam.

"Hi, Louis." Eleanor's voice appeared beside me and I turned to see her standing on the opposite side of the fern. "Are you...hiding?"

"What? Me? Nah, of course not." I jumped to my feet quickly so we were at eye level. "I was just um...checking the...um, irrigation system on this plant." I said as I ran my fingers over the leaves of the fern.

"Are you sure? Because the second I texted you, you and Liam ran over here?" She said as she crossed her arms.

I sighed and dropped my shoulders. "Why did you text me, El?"