|23| Ax Men

(A/N) When I started this chapter I actually had a plot idek what happened man. sigh.

Ashton's POV:

Angel kept finger brushing her hair to move it out of her face as the wind suddenly picked up and her wavy hair couldn't keep out of her eyes. She giggled and pulled her hair back behind her ears.

"Sorry, I don't know where all this wind is coming from today." She laughed sheepishly as she looked into the camera at me.

"You don't have to be sorry for nature." I insisted and she smiled. "Besides, I understand. Pizza makes me gassy too." I said with a grin.

"Ash!" She squealed and covered her face in embarrassment. "That is not what I meant!" While we were laughing at ourselves another huge gust of wind came up, blowing some napkins in front of the screen. "Whoops! Sorry about that!" Angel quickly moved them aside and apologized on behalf of the napkins.

"Maybe next time we do this I'll plan an indoor date." I decided and Angel nodded.

"Might be a good idea, it gets pretty windy here this time of year." She sighed and a solemn look swept over her suddenly.

"Hey, what is it?" I asked.

"I just feel really alone sometimes. I know you're right in front of me but...it's-"

"It's not the same?" I finished her sentence and she nodded. "I know it's not. You don't know how much I wish I could be there with you, Angel." I was so afraid of her being scared of this type of relationship where neither of us see a lot of each other for long periods of time.

"When will I see you again?" She asked.

"I wish I knew. Our schedule is all over the place right now, between One Direction's shows and still filling in our own headliners during their breaks. It's not leaving much time for us." She looked down at her lap in dismay. I wish I could hold her hand. Something. Anything. "But, hey it won't be like this forever. I promise." She looked up in time to see me flash a confident smile at her. "Things are starting to really look up for us. We can lay back and promote less in the months to come. And you're going to be busy. When are you and Beth starting your business?"

"As soon as we graduate."

"Which will be this semester." I added and she nodded in confirmation. "Aren't you excited for that? You don't know how excited I am for you." She smiled at those words. "Starting your own business is such a huge deal. I couldn't be prouder of you."

She nodded, letting a bit of happiness return to her expression. "You're so kind, Ash. You always know what to say."

"And you know what, by the time you get settled into that studio, we'll be touring the UK with the lads and I can help you paint and decorate and all. It'll be great!" I laughed happily.

Her face seemed to light up at the thought of that. "You really wanna spend your freetime working?"

"Of course! I won't make you and Beth and Katie do all that work alone. You need as much help as you can get. I'm sure the other guys will even-"

"No!"

I turned my head and looked over my shoulder at Luke and Michael standing in protest behind me. Angel began laughing loudly at their abrupt response.

"I have a score to beat in Halo." Michael said darkly and crossed his arms.

"I don't even have a good excuse, I just don't wanna work on a break. Do you not know what a 'break' means, Ash?" Luke complained and I rolled my eyes at him.