|26| Confident

(A/N) I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER YOU GUYS MUST LITERALLY HATE ME I'M SO SORRY. REAL LIFE HAS BEEN TOO BUSY FOR ME.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS. I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL, RELAXING HOLIDAY AND IF NOT I HOPE YOU GET TO HAVE SOME TIME YOURSELF SOON.

AT LEAST I'M UPDATING BEFORE 2016 AM I RIGHT? YEAH? JUST A FEW HOURS LEFT HERE? NO? OKAY.

A couple interesting and unexpected things are going to happen before the story raps up.

THANK YOU TO VANESSA FOR HER KICK ASS IDEAS AS ALWAYS.

I FEEL LIKE ALMA SUGGESTED SOMETHING HERE TOO BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT BUT THANKS ANYWAY BABE.

Katie's POV:

"Babe, are you alright?" Louis knocked on the closed bedroom door and waited for a response from me. I wasn't like, having a full on breakdown. That wasn't why I left. I just needed a few minutes to think. To think about how I'm not the athletic type and how I'm literally lying to myself to think I was capable of this at all.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry." I answered immediately.

"Can I come in?"

"If you want." I answered nonchalantly and he opened the door. I turned my head to him briefly and sent him a smile while I laid a new shirt on the bed to put on. He was staring me down as I was standing at the foot of the bed wearing only a bra and high waisted jeans. I was about to put on a change of clothes, grateful to finally get out of that sweaty workout gear. "I don't want you to feel like you have to come in here and cheer me up. I'm fine I promise." I said, breaking his stare at me. "Just wanted to change, that's all."

"I know you are." He smiled back at me and walked over to where I stood. I stopped fiddling with my shirt on the bed and he let out a sigh. What was the sigh for? Had he finally come to terms with the fact I'm a lost cause?

"I'm sorry that..." Louis began to speak and my eyes shot up to him, confused as to what he had to apologize for. What was he sorry for anyway? Sorry that...I'm a disappointment maybe? "I'm sorry if you feel like you have to do this for me. You absolutely don't. I'm sorry if I pressured you into doing something you don't want to do."

"I'm sorry that you guys have faith in me when I'm more than likely going to let you down." I replied to his apology with one of my own. He squinted at me for saying such a thing. To him, his apology was completely necessary but mine just seemed silly.

"Don't say that, you couldn't let us down." He grabbed my hand and forced me to look at him.

I shook my head a bit sadly. I think that was just it. I don't like disappointing people. That's why I get bitchy then people do things for me. Because I know I won't be able to return the favor. "I literally ran upstairs so I didn't lose my cool in front of you guys. I am such a mess. I don't know why you put up with me."

"Because you have a hot body and you feel good on my-"

"Louis!" I gasped at how he could dramatically change the subject yet keep so calm and cool (and a bit cocky) about it.

"I'm joking!" He laughed and I covered my face with my hands in embarrassment. You would think I should see these type of jokes coming from him by now yet they always surprise me. "Come on, you know I'm fucking crazy about you." He moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Or just fucking crazy." I tried pulling away from him in retaliation to his poor joke and not wanting to be seen in embarrassment from it but he wouldn't let me budge and his arms tightened around my sides.