|5| Corruption & Betrayal

(A/N) THIS CHAPTER SHOULD JUST BE CALLED "PLOT TWISTS R US" BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL GONNA HATE ME BY THE TIME IT ENDS.

YOU'RE ALSO GONNA HATE ME EVEN MORE ABOUT 3 MORE TIMES BEFORE THIS STORY ENDS SO K BYE.

Perrie's POV:

I'm sure the police had left by now. We had been sitting in this small room that the woman had led us to for almost 15 minutes now. She quickly disappeared into another room after welcoming us into her home and encouraging us to get comfortable. It was a very quaint home but the income of the residents here was evident in the furniture. None of the seats matched anything in the room.

"My name is Nema." The thin native woman who invited us in walked back into the room with a tray full of random sizes of cups and sliced bread.

"Thank you very much." Harry accepted a cup of tea from her as did the rest of us.

"It's my pleasure. This isn't the first time I've housed innocent foreigners."

"How do you know we're innocent?" I asked her.

Nema scoffed and leaned back in her chair. "The government is corrupted. It's been this way for years. Those of us who live here no how to stay out of their way. Anytime someone visits for vacation or whatever it may be, they find a reason to imprison them. Captain Vosloo has begun imprisoning his own people for the stupidest of reason. What are your friends being arrested for?"

"They said something about terrorism." Katie said.

"Is it because Zayn is muslim?" I asked and Nema shrugged.

"That's the excuse they'll give you I'm sure."

"They're stereotyping him, that's not fair." I protested.

"I know, my child."

"But...but the prime minister will do something if we..."

"They'll deny it. They'll deny ever arresting your friends. They'll say they're 'looking for them' but they will never be found and will eventually be written off as a lost cause."

"This is ridiculous." Harry mumbled into his cup of tea.

"Well what can we do then?" Lauren spoke up.

"Pray." Nema said and we all glanced at each other. "Pray your friends find a way to escape because it's utterly impossible."

"What...what do they want them for? What's the point in, basically kidnapping them?" Katie asked.

"He's very hateful towards everyone since his father died."