Summary

The kingdom of Euphranor is ruled by the mighty Demosthenes. He is however great a ruler, not one of warm heart, not known for his sensitivity, his sight into others emotions lead little further than his nose. He simply sees what he wants and goes after it, takes it. There is no struggle. It is his.

When the old ally the kingdom of Zeherneboh from the east, decides to start attacking ships from Euphranor near their waters Demosthenes wages war. It took him four years however he returned alive as did, for the most part, his men. They surrendered and gave free sea path to Euphranor.

It was as he returned that Demosthenes found himself growing more and more easily bored. He felt lazy, incompetent, and as one should know, laziness is the fastest way to growing old without ever really maturing.

He called, to his throne room, a joker every evening.

To his frustration he could not find one that entertained. Just the same old acts, same old routines. They really only bore well at parties when one is well fed and has an empty wine glass.

Then one came in. Slender, elegant, movements polite and mature. No petty attempts at jokes or cheap try's to make him laugh, not the old tired acts. Just bells on every knuckle, dancing with him as he swam through the air, dancing with such fluidity it visibly made the men in the hall stop and stare.

He needed to see the person under the makeup, under the clothes.

He demanded to see his face.

Yet the joker refused...

Doesn't he know who Demosthenes is?

[A/N] This is a D/s novel with a heavy noncon theme to it. I'm not sure if anyone will enjoy it that much, there's a lot of punishment, a lot of questionable consent. Even so he's not quite the traditional submissive. I enjoy writing D/s though.