Chapter 2: Last Day in Daegu

Sunday. Afternoon.

This was my last day in Daegu. I couldn't help but feel melancholy as it would be my last time seeing these familiar faces. However, a little side of me was erupting with excitement... To be leaving this small town and exploring the major Seoul.

Jae Hwa and Ju Hyun were in my room dazing into space. After a while someone finally spoke. "Hey, let's go to that café you like so much?" asks Ju Hyun trying to lift the spirits.

"Yeah, that's a good idea" I said in response to Jae Hwa's expression.

We arrive at Keikeu Café within a few minutes, the air was warm and clear so we walked slowly. I ordered my favourite cake: strawberry and cream. They ordered the same thing, as twins would do. Ju Hyun goes up to get milkshakes while we stay seated. "Hyung...I mean Ky. I'm going to miss you so much." he sighs. I looked at him for a long time before saying "I'm going to miss you too,"

"What about me?" Ju Hyun broke in taking a seat beside us.

"Yes of course you too, you guys are my best friends. I won't forget that"

We all left the conversation feeling cheesy and awkward, but it has been like this for a few days now, I guess they're feeling more nervous than me...

It was now 4PM and my drive to the airport was here. Miss Yoon Hye and Sae Ron planned to come along and drop me off. I was going to be alone on the flight. Silly decision, but my Aunt (So Eun) was going to pick me up at Seoul. I liked her a lot, although I'd only seen her approximately 8 times in my whole life.

Suddenly, I feel a big huddle of arms surrounding me. It was Jae Hwa and Ju Hyun hugging me from behind. Jae Hwa was the cheesiest guy I've ever met, but I've never seen him cry. Ju Hyun on the other hand was surprisingly quiet. "I love you guys! Don't forget to call me..." I said doing a phone gesture with my hand. I got into the car; they all waved eagerly at me as the car drove further away from my house.

Daegu International Airport. Evening.

"There is less than 30 minutes till your plane departs, Kyungsoo!! How can you--" "FOUND IT!" I said waving my passport frantically in her face. I thought I lost my passport and to be honest, I ALMOST died. If Miss Yoon Hye was dying, imagine me. "Okay I'll be going now" I said feeling a lump in my throat. I suddenly felt my nerves creeping up on me. I kissed Sae Ron on the forehead, who seemed as still as a statue. "Don't miss me too much, I'll come back if you need anything!" I said stroking her hair. Sae Ron nodded. Miss Yoon hye chuckled wickedly. Ugh, that witch... I'm glad to be leaving her. "Tell abeoji I said goodbye" Miss Yoon Hye looked at me as if to say 'why are you trying'. With that, I left the two of them at the end of the queue and they both waved goodbye...

"KYUNGSOO OPPA! I LOVE YOU" Sae Ron let out as I turned my back, and those were the last words I heard - In Daegu.

Seoul International Airport.

It took a mere 1.5 hours to finally land in Seoul, but it was already near midnight here. It was also a tad bit warmer than my coastal hometown. I carried my two luggages through the exit and called Aunt So-Eun. It didn't take me long till I realised she was actually standing a few metres away. "OH MY GOD! You have grown so much! You're a handsome little man. It's me, your aunt So Eun." I could tell it was her because she always wore flashy jewellery and had a round figure. "Ah, aunt So-Eun, How are you?" I said quickly trying to be polite, we conversated along the way to her chauffeur's car.

When I entered their house, it was too glitzy and glam for my personal taste. "Eomma's back! Hello Kyungsoo Hyung..." yelled Aunt So Eun's son, Kris. Kris was my youngest cousin, he was 14. "Welcome to SEOUL, AND OUR HOME!" chirped Aunt So-Eun setting out the dinner table for me. "And didn't I tell you to go to bed? You have school tomorrow." "Yes captain" Kris said mockingly and saluted her before running upstairs. "Here eat this, and I'll show you your room." I wolfed down my food as I hadn't eaten in several hours; equally all the nerves were eating my energy. Aunt So-Eun showed me my room, which was fit for a king. It was 3 times the size of my room in Daegu. "T-Thank you... and goodnight" I said to her as she left the room. I flopped on the bed, exhaling loudly and immediately fell asleep.