Chapter 13: Protective

Lunchtime. Nurses room.

It was already half way through the week and mid-terms begin tomorrow. What do I do?! My health picked up significantly according to Nurse Nyun. At this rate, I'll be kicked out of Diamond Group with my grades plummeting, but I had to stay positive. I didn't want Yura seeing me like a damsel in distress.

"Hyung!!! You're back!? Aawh~" squealed Yoongi running into the hospital room to hug me.

"What happened to you? Who made you like this, tell me now!"
He said, creasing his eyebrows and pucking his lips. I cracked a smile.

"I really don't know Yoongi-ah, jinja, my brain has forgotten everything."

"That's normal right? I heard someone spiked your drink... do you remember what happened before then?"
I frowned faintly, my brain was fighting extremely hard to remember that night. "I do... remember Yugyeom and Xiumin before I fainted, Yugyeom was drunk, I went to find Yura - I saw her and Wonwoo... and then I can't remember a thing."

I couldn't figure out whether what I remembered was a dream or reality.

*flashback*

"Keep him there(!)" Shout-whispered a gruff voice. "But, hyung, he's in pain, and--" "If you touch him.... I'll tell everyone your secret."
The other voice was also deep with a clear tone.

*flashback end*

"Hyung! Are you awake? Are you okay? Hello?" Yoongi was flagging his arms in the air waiting for my response. "Huh? Neh, sorry, what were you saying?"

"JB has gone to Daegu for the next 2 months, he's also taking mid-terms there!" Chirped Yoongi, but I told him to keep it down incase his minions were around.

"He wasn't at the China trip. What was the reason for it?" I got up slowly. Yoongi shrugged.

Later that evening. Dorm room.

After lunch, Nurse Nyun released me from the hospital and said I should be capable of doing mid-terms. It was bloody tomorrow! And I hadn't touched a revision guide in 2 days.
On the other hand, Yugyeom and Baekhyun weren't the best companions.

"So, who has a maths textbook they can lend me?" Muttered Baekhyun sitting on the top bunk. "Not me", "same" Yugyeom and I both replied.

Baekhyun hadn't spoken to me properly since the incident a few weeks ago and it didn't look like it was going to get any better. Baekhyun barely spoke to anyone, now that I thought about it, he seemed like a suicidal kid.

"Are you okay now Ky?" worried Yugyeom. "Yeah" i said smiling.
Baekhyun looked at us as if holding a grudge, so we let the rest of the evening go in silence.

Next day. Mid-terms, exam hall.

When I opened the paper, I felt like physically throwing up, but then I saw Yura opposite me writing away with passion, so it gave me determination to impress her. I really wanted to make her proud, unlike the time she shook her head.

Later that afternoon, Fitness class. Gym

"Hello, everyone! Welcome to your first ever fitness class! Boys and Girls [A/N: Chun Guk and NJA have mixed fitness class] please find a partner for this badmington game." Announced Mrs Boa,
"Of course, Yura and Kyungsoo are partners, congratulations Kyungsoo!"

At first I was startled by her awareness, without realising my cheeks flushed red. Yura narrowed her eyes in embarassment.

I took the badmington equipment to start playing, when suddenly Yura speaks up...
"You go there. I don't like to serve. And don't talk to me like we're friends."
She went to the other end of the court and stood sternly waiting for my pass.