Chapter 6: Chasing Liberty

Yura? The name rang in my head like bells. It couldn't have been my Yura? Surely.
"Are you sure her name's Yura?" I let out feeling deprived of air. "Ehh... Yeah. She comes here often so we know her really well" said the short boy with a wide grin on his face.

I was confused, nervous and overwhelmed all at the same time. What IF I had the wrong person in mind?

Long ago, when NJA and Chun Guk High School were established, the institutions made a very 'American' style school system, where the senior leaders of both schools were seen as King and Queen of the schools. So, in NJA, JB was interpreted often as the King, and well... I was shocked to discover that no one other than the little Yura I knew was the Queen.

When I finally gathered my thoughts together, the study room was silenced with the entrance of two students. JB and Yura appeared looking as heroic as ever. I cringed at the mere sight of them. Hoshi whistled, while others just glared at them. I didn't know what I was doing, but I felt my presence being rejected by the only girl in the room.

It hit me. I now knew where I had seen her before... In Seoul outside the music store. At this minute I was so overwhelmed, tears were coming any minute. But, I refrained from doing so. To tell you the truth, I had spent the last 8 years or so longing to see Yura again... And for what? I often asked myself. She was my first crush, my first hug, my first female best friend. Now, she was standing right before me, completely disregarding my existence.

I forced myself out of my seat, and waved at her with full strength. It wasn't an arm wave, more of a light hand. At that instant, her eyes placed themselves on me, I felt nostalgic. Except, something was different, it felt wrong. She was drastically thin and brunette, like one of those plastic models. Anyhow, she was still beautiful, and evidently every guy in NJA had a crush on her.

Yura's eyes averted away from me quickly, as she walked and sat down on one of the empty computer desks. I was still stood up when suddenly Yugyeom slapped me on the shoulder, "It's okay hyung, she ignores a lot of the guys on the first day." I scoffed quietly. What a catch.

While I went over to sit with Yugyeom at the far end of the room, I was barely able to catch a glimpse of her.

"So, what do you think? She's hot right?" chortled Yugyeom. "Uhh..."

"What's wrong" asked Yugyeom and Hoshi both inspecting me.
"Huh? Nothing..." I said.
Yugyeom looked at me like I was an idiot. "Well you don't look so good... By the way, we have no lessons in Diamond Group, we do self study. University prep." I glared at Yugyeom who was casually flicking through pages. "What do you mean 'no lessons'? I want to be taught! I'd rather go back to lessons, than be stuck with...." I trailed off realising my aggravated tone.

"Ahhh... I know what you're worried about! Kyungsoo, don't worry. JB's not going to bother you." Just as Yugyeom was reassuring me, we were stopped by Wonwoo.
"Believe me, JB has better things to do." I almost laughed at the darkness Wonwoo was letting off, as if he knew anything about me.

Wonwoo was instantly back at his computer typing away like a machine. "What the hell was that about?" uttered Hoshi cluelessly. "Don't mess with W-O-N-W-O-O" whispered Yugyeom, "He knows everything, like literally..."

So this school is not only contaminated with the jerk JB, but his friend Wonwoo is a freak too. To top it off, Yura was acting as a minion alongside him.

Lunch Cafeteria.

After a long morning, I was relieved to be leaving the suppressed study room. The moment Yura got up to leave, all eyes were on her. God, she must think we're predators. I yearned to reunite with her, so I walked out behind her.

Yura did not cease when she noticed me follow, in fact I was sure she sped her way through the corridor. "Hey!" I yelled impatiently, "Wait, Y-Yu" by the time I caught up to her, another female was standing at the front of the school field. She was shorter than Yura, and had cute black bangs.

"Unnie! How was your first day?" the girl said with vibrancy. As they walked into the distance, I discovered it would take hard work to be acknowledged by the Queen Yura. Right then, I felt my heart crush into a thousand pieces.

Turning back towards the cafeteria, I saw JB running towards me with full force, to my surprise he completely ignored me too, and barged into me harshly.

The nudge left quite a pain, but fortunately I was saved by Yoongi. "What's wrong Hyung?" He asked concerned. "My shoulder hurts, but I'm fine" I said hesitating. "Maybe you should go to the nurse" he said frowning at my condition. "No, no... it's too soon" I said forcing a smile. "Okay" he replied as he supported me to the cafeteria.

Dorm room. Night.

"So let's get this straight, JB barged into you... And you didn't do anything?" Said Baekhyun in horror. "Aish! that guy needs a slap" said Yugyeom in the middle of doing Kung Fu.
"Well, I couldn't he was running." "I hate him so much." Said Baekhyun interrupting me, "I'll be in Diamond Group, so I'll back you up." Blurted out Yugyeom kicking the air.

I laughed, "Thanks guys" as I poured the blanket over my head.

Morning.

"Wake up sleepy-head! Wow, you're worse than Baekhyun" said Yugyeom removing my blanket, "yah!" I yelled groggily, my skin was covered in goosebumps. "We don't have lessons remember? We're Diamonds or whatever" I muffled under the covers. Yugyeom and Baekhyun laughed so loud that it literally woke me up.

Diamond Group study room.

It was clear to me now that the Diamond Group was less desirable than I thought. "What's the tasks for today sir?" I asked Youngjae, he chuckled, "Don't call me sir, I'm only 2 years older than you. And here you go boys, study hard" he spoke before exiting. Seriously Youngjae was such a cool guy; I sometimes wished I was more like him.

After a silence enveloped the room, "Oppa, I need help" said a sweet sounding girl at the door, it was the same girl from yesterday with Yura. "What's up Sulli?" Said Yugyeom approaching her.

"I can't do this history assignment." She said frowning.

"Ahh, I don't do history", he said with a sad tone, "Hold on... Kyungsoo you do it right? Can you help her?"

I blinked twice while looking at both of their desperate faces. Aish... "Yeah of course," I uttered, as I saw Yura quietly enter the room.

~A/N: Yay it's done! This chapter was so hard to write. I hope that you liked it! Thanks to my favourite wattpad writer @KimchiiDesu I have gained so many reads in such a short time. Saranghae unnie! Next chapter will be out on saturday so count this as an exclusive one :D♥★
Please vote, comment.