Chapter 24: Kyungsoo to the Rescue

It had been an hour since me and Suga left the car park in hope of some peace, but wherever we went there was gossip and chattering of the new student "Jackson Wang". When we finally came to an end of the building, a friendly female figure ran towards us.

"Yah! Kyungsoo-ah! Wait up!" Shouted Krystal at the top of her lungs.

As she finally caught up with us, her appearance came into shape. Krystal was thinner than the last time I'd seen her.

"HEY! Are you okay?" I asked immediately.

Suga walked beside us.

"Not really... my eomma is worried sick about Kris.. he's not been himself lately." She huffed a sigh.

"What's happened?!" My tone changed abruptly.

"He's been doing all sorts of silly stuff... -stealing from shops, causing trouble at school. He even got into a fight." Krystal's worried expression didn't surprise me.

Although Kris wasn't a typical fourteen-year-old, I was sure he was more innocent than he let on.

"What're you going to do about it?"

After a short interval, she replied with concern "We aren't sure yet..."

We carried on strolling around the back yard of the school until... A loud noise arose from a few metres away.

*CLANKKK*

"Where the hell are my letters?!!" Exclaimed the boy from afar.

"Omo.. that's Jackson Wang" uttered Suga hiding behind a pillar.

"Really?" Responded Krystal in amazement.

I swallowed my dry saliva as I noticed the box he was emptying so aggressively.

"I'm going to kill that boy when I see him!!!" Jackson spat out as he walked the opposite way.

"Guys... I'm going to die. When I have my funeral please tell Yura I love her."

Suga burst out laughing. "What's going on? Did you steal his letters or something" he mocked.

"As if... Kyungsoo's smarter than that." Krystal interjected while crossing her arms.

"Well.... I didn't steal his letters. They were mine!! LOOK!" I quickly dig out the scrunched up letters from my pocket and iron them with hands.

As the three of us inspect the letters, only one of them appears to be mine. The others read: "from JuHyeon"....

The next day. Cafeteria.

"I could hardly sleep a wink last night from the stress that he might come and strangle me." I muttered weakly, searching the cafeteria for his trace.

"Don't worry. You have us." Assured Suga and Vernon.

Shortly after we settled down with our food, there was an eeriness within the dinner hall. Something about Jackson reminded me of JB.

There was an unusally small gap between mine and Yura's table. Naeyeon gave me a bright smile which I returned with a wave.

Out of nowhere, the shadow of Jackson became visible. The three of us glance at him as he sits himself beside the girls. Jackson starts eating immediately after he sits down and doesn't acknowledge Yura or the others.

A few moments later, Suga, Vernon and Chaeyoung leave the cafeteria as silently as possible, almost as if waking up a lion. After a short silence, Jackson briefly looked up at Yura and Nayeon with blood-shot eyes. "What? Am I not allowed to sit here?" he asked rather loudly. I could feel the rough in his tone.

I moved over to the edge of my table slowly, in case he does anything. "No, we didn't say anything. Sit where you like." Yura responded flatly as she got up to leave. Nayeon and I followed.

Jackson's eyes suddenly grew wide with frustration. I didn't even want to look down. Before I knew it, he was also getting up but for a different reason.

"You bitch!" He yelled, causing the cafeteria to cease. With that last remark he threw a spoonful of yoghurt over her freshly washed top.

Yura fell back in shock. Me and Nayeon instantly rushed to help her.

"Are you okay Yura?" I asked worriedly, wiping away as much yoghurt from her back while Naeyeon attempted her soaked hair.

"Yes. I'm fine. I don't need you to do anything. Seriously." Yura brushed me off like a piece of dirt.

Gosh, I was only trying to help. "Yura, I just wanted to help."

"I don't need your help. No offence but you're the one got me into this mess." She snapped, before strutting out of the cafeteria.

"What does she mean by that?" I asked Nayeon, feeling heart-broken at the sight of Yura.

"Don't take it personally, ok? She's not the best today. And thanks for the help." trailed off Nayeon as she chased after Yura.

Evening, outside the dorm vending machine.

I was sitting on the side steps after collecting a refreshing soda from the machine, but got distracted and started daydreaming about the days when I first met Yura.

*flashback to 10 years ago*

"Kyungsoo-ah! Come check out the flower I growed in the garden!" shouted little-Yura from the other side of the fence.

"REALLY? You growed it yourself?" I looked at her sweet face flowing with excitement. From that moment on, I knew there was something magical about her. Her laugh, her smile, her twinkling eyes.
"Want to come and play?" Yura jumps up with joy at the suggestion. "I'll come over!" she chirps.

*flashback end*

~~~~~

Through the cracks of the stairway, I see a lonely 17-year-old Yura pressing the buttons on the vending machine. I realise my 'first love' is no longer the one I thought she was. BUT she always made me fall for her someway or the other.

As I was one step away from approaching her, a dark brooding figure fills the air. "Jackson Wang" my mind echoed.

"What're you getting? I'll buy." He said casually.

"No thanks." She replies coldly, keeping her eyes on the vending machine.

"Why, don't you like me? I'm sorry about before." he smirks at her nastily.

"Leave me alone." Yura doesn't even move from her position.

"If I knew your hair was so pretty I would've thrown it at your face." He bursts out laughing at his own joke. What a fool.

While Yura stubbornly waits for her beverage to proceed, Jackson touches a strand of her brunette hair. Unable to bare this anymore, I walk over to Yura and grab her wrist.

"OMO!" she winces.

I pull Yura all the way to the end of the corridor as far away from Jackson as possible. "What are doing there? Don't you know how dangerous he is? He was provoking you!" I blurt out.

Yura's eyes examine mine passively. "Are you not listening to me?"

"I...I'm just lost for words. Why are you trying to help me?"