Chapter 17: Yura's Birthday

Yura later walked in with her hands full of plates.

"You did good. The others are eating now, so you can go too" she said after a short silence.

I felt terrible. What was wrong with me? I shouldn't have read that text.

"Are you okay?" Yura suddenly asked. My face must've given it all away.

"Y-yes... sorrry" I mumbled and walked out. Yura followed me out.
"Want to go eat lunch.. together?"

I was gobsmacked. Did she just ... without a second glance I said yes.

~~~~~ Diamond Cafe

"What's up?" She asked me. I was sitting opposite her and eating my kimchi and meat.

I looked up and met her gaze. "Well... I'm alright, what about you?" It was hard not to hiccup your words when someone as beautiful as her was sitting opposite you.

I almost felt like her official boyfriend just then. But then Wonwoo came and sat alongside us.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YEOJA!" He exclaimed and popped a large designer carrier bag on the table. Mine and her eyes grew wide in amazement. The brand was something way out of our league.

"Kamsamidha" she bowed. "OH DON'T thank me... Thank JB" Wonwoo smirked, then looked at me.

"Huh?" Yura looked at Wonwoo.

"Anyone miss me?" Said an evil mocking voice. JB.

Yura got out of her seat to greet him formally.

"I wasn't expecting you this early." Said Yura nervously.

"Well it's your birthday. It's the least I can do babe" he got closer to her and held her waist. Right in front of me.

He locked his eyes with mine. I was furious. What the hell was he doing?

JB pulled her closer. Yura tried to let go. Before I knew it he smacked his lips on her. And she didn't push him off.

My eyes slowly watering. I jumped out of my seat angrily and rushed all the way to Suga's dorm where I sat in their bed for several hours before they returned.

~~~ Later that afternoon.

"What's wrong with him? Is he okay?" I heard Suga's voice in the distance.

"He's been like that for a while now" replied Vernon.

I lifted my heavy body out of Suga's bed. "Mianhae... I was just..." I took a deep breath.

"I bet you got kicked out of the Diamond house because JB's back... right?" Enquired Vernon feeling right.

"Not exactly..." I muttered dismally.

"What then?"
"I-I... I'll tell you later... sorry again." I got up and left. 

-------

I knocked on the DEH door and waited for them to open it. I waited 10 minutes. No response.

Nayeon walked towards me carrying some plastic cutlery. "What's wrong?" she asked. "You have the keys, don't you?" 

I fiddled through my pockets and felt absolutely ridiculous. I had a key. She looked at me sheepishly, "Wah.. are you asleep hehe" she laughed. "No, just annoyed" I replied opening the door with fury.

To my surprise the room was decorated floor to ceiling with birthday signs. I went straight to my bedroom.  Momo was sitting alone...

Sobbing.