Chapter 28 - What Happened?

"Hyung, daebak your score is always good." Commented Vernon as he searched for his score. "...I got 30th place" he muttered. "That's right Vernon, Kyungsoo is the highest male scorer now! WOOOO!" Suga cheered, causing everyone to give us strange looks. I didn't care much before about my score but as graduation was drawing closer I started to take it more seriously.

"Kyungsoo!" I heard Krystal shout from the end of the corridor. As she came over and hugged me, she was followed by Kris; her troublesome little brother. "Hello..." He mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact. I immediately grinned with a wide smile across my face, "ANNYEONG!"

Kris was about a foot shorter than me and I loved teasing him about it. "Don't talk to me," said Kris under his breath. "Let's not see each other often."

"It's been so long, hasn't it?" I interjected still smiling, ignoring his little remarks. Kris threw a discontent look. "Yah, don't be rude to Kyungsoo, he can fight you know?" Laughed Krystal. She took me aside for bit and asked, "Hey would you mind showing him around later? I've got to do a meeting. It's his first day so he's a bit grumpy." (As usual, I thought)

"Of course, don't worry about it."

After a while, Vernon came back to where me and Yugyeom were standing. "Hey, it's weird how Wonwoo dropped so low. Should I go talk to him?" He enquired. Yugyeom and I don't really know how to respond to that, but we agree anyway because Vernon was good friends with Wonwoo.

Lunch. Cafeteria.

I was waiting for Kris to meet me and Yugyeom at the cafeteria as we decided to show him around the building. I thought Yugyeom would be a better person to do it as he knew Krystal the longest and probably Kris too. Suga was out of school on a family occasion. "Oh look he's there!" pointed Yugyeom. Kris was sitting at the far end of the table. Actually, he looked like me on my first day, what a horrible first impression. "Let's go" I ordered.

"KRIS!!" I sang as I hopped beside him and put my arm around his shoulder. "yahhh!" He screamed before I laughed aloud. Yugyeom covered his mouth chuckling to himself. "Let's buy you some lunch, come on" Yugyeom said to Kris. "No. I'm not a baby. Leave me alone" Yugyeom sighed. "Come on, then. Let's go check out the building." I suggested. "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE" Kris got up and left the cafeteria. Yugyeom and I exchanged a bewildered glance, but we walked out behind him.

We followed him until he was out in the school court. He finally sat down on an isolated bench. After a short silence I sat beside him again. "It's okay Kris. I just want to show you around." "I didn't say I wasn't okay. I just don't need you." He replied staring down at his hands.

"Yugyeom will show you then. Or how about Youngjae?" I suggested. "Who's Youngjae?" He asked with a breath of hope. I couldn't help but notice Yugyeom chuckling at the other end of the bench. I quickly mouthed for him to be quiet. "I'll go get Youngjae" insisted Yugyeom after calming himself down.

Shortly after, Youngjae arrived with his natural bad-boy aura. He was the captain of Diamond group, but since it had been abolished, he became the deputy staff. "What would you boys like today?" He asked dropping a content smile. "I was wondering if you could show Kris around the building? I've already tried but he doesn't want me to do it." I said smiling at Youngjae. "Ah is that so? Well, I can do it, no problem." I watched as Youngjae took Kris through the court and disappeared into the building.

"What a kid..." sighed Yugyeom. I agree, Kris has always been the type to be arrogant, troublesome and brave. But I had no doubt he'd fit into Namja Academy.

Dorm room. Evening.

The sky was a perfect golden orange. I watched from the dorm room window as the sun disappeared into the skyline. My head resting on my arms, I felt a little hopeless and bored. Suddenly, Vernon came rushing into the dorm room. "Hey, where have you been? Didn't you hear about the party? It's Hoshi's birthday"