5. Adrian Kempe (Manchester Monarchs #9)

The prompt for this imagine is you tell him your pregnant and he leaves only to return in a couple days.
Hope you enjoy it! 😊
-------------------
Amanda's POV

Come on come up negative. Come up negative! Shit, positive. What am I going to do? What is Adrian going to say? I mean we're only 18, he has his hockey career ahead of him. He doesn't need a child to worry about.
"Amanda! Baby, where are you?" Adrian asks coming up the stairs.
"Up here!" I yell hiding the pregnancy test.
"Hey baby doll, how's my favourite girl?" He asks.
"I'm pretty great baby. How are you?" I ask kissing him. Adrian wraps his arms around my waist and rests his hands on my butt right where the pregnancy test is.
"What's this?" He asks pulling it out of my back pocket.
"Adrian, I was going to tell you," I say trying to grab it from him.
"So it's mine?" He asks.
"Yeah, of course! Why would you think it wasn't?"
"But we've had protected sex every time,"
"I guess not,"
"I'm not ready to be a dad! I have my whole life a head of me and now I'm going to be a father?!"
"Adrian I'm scared too,"
"I need to go, I need to go clear my head," he says starting to walk away.
"Adrian please, I'm sorry," I start to cry following after him.
"Amanda just let me go," he doesn't even look back. I can feel my heart breaking. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want him to find out because then he'll leave.
"So what are you going to do? Be a dead beat father? Oh that'll look great," I roll my eyes wiping the fallen tears.
"Amanda that's enough," he storms out of the house. The door slams and I collapse on the floor sobbing as I hold my stomach.
"Why did this have to happen? Why did you have to happen?" I yell at my stomach in anger. It wasn't the babies fault, Adrian and I thought we were being safe but I guess not. "I'm sorry honey, I'll never leave you," I whisper caressing it with one hand and wiping my tears with the other. Few days go by without Adrian. Some lone texts here and there but nothing much. It's like he wants to pretend I'm not pregnant. One night a few days after he left I pass out on the couch watching Jimmy Fallon. When I woke up though I was cradled into a warm chest. He must be home, finally.
"I'm sorry Amanda, I'm so sorry," he murmurs. I keep my head on his chest. "I promise I'm not going to leave. I'll be a father, it's my responsibility to be the best father," he whispers. I kiss his chest.
"Adrian I'm sorry," I say softly.
"No no, it's my fault love. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I was and am scared,"
"You think I'm not scared? Adrian I'm petrified, I'm not ready to be a mother," I confess looking up at him. He sighs and kisses my head.
"I know, I shouldn't have left. You needed me and I wasn't there,"
"Yeah! But I understand why you left. I would have done the same,"
"Really?" He looks down at me with a questioning look on his face.
"Well no but it doesn't matter. You're back and that's what matters. If you want me to get rid of the baby you're nuts. You can leave I'm sorry,"
"No! I've realized that I need to be here for the baby and you. I can't be someone that is a dead beat and runs as soon as their girl gets pregnant. I don't want to be like that. My parents will be pissed that I got a girl pregnant but they'd be horrified if they found out that she got an abortion or that I left her alone with the baby,"
"I can see your parents doing that,"
"So are we in this together?" He asks.
"In this together," I seal it with a kiss.

-------------------------

Hope you liked it! Sorry it was so short!
Don't forget to vote, comment & request. ☺️☺️