17. Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers #97)

This was requested by an anon on tumblr so all it said was Connor McDavid Valentine's Day!
Here ya go! Happy Valentine's Day!
--------
Connor McDavid

"I don't understand Connor! We made plans to go ice skating for Valentine's Day months ago! Then the day before Valentine's Day you tell me you are cancelling why?" I ask.
"Y/N," he sighs over the phone. "It's hockey. Coach said we have a practice and everyone's protesting. Trust me I've protested and so has Hallsy. What more do you want us to do?"
"I don't know. I'm sorry all I wanted was to go skating with you and then go and grab something to eat. I never see you Con," I say tears filling my eyes.
"I'm sorry baby doll, it's my job unfortunately."
"I know. Well let me know when you're available for your girlfriend," I sniffle.
"Don't be like that please. I love you," he pleads.
"I know Con, I love you too. I have to go now bye," I say softly before hanging up the phone. All I ask for is one day! One day that I can see my baby, even when he was injured I never got to see him. I mean it was more than I do now but still wasn't all that good. An idea popped into my head. I'll just bring the Valentine's date to him. Perfect! I call up Taylor, Connor's roommate.
"What's up Jelly bean?" He asks as soon as he picks up the phone.
"Taylor, I need your help," I say. "Is Connor near you?"
"Nope, he's in his room. Why?"
"Okay so you have practice on the fourteenth correct?"
"Ummm yeah," he sounds unsure.
"Well I want to do something for Connor. Can you help me?"
"Sure Y/N, what'd you have in mind?"
"So I was thinking going and while you guys are at practice I would sneak into your house and cook him dinner to make up for not being able to go skating."
"That's a good idea. I'll definitely help you."
"Great! Thank you!"

~ February 14th ~
As I was leaving to go to Connor's someone grabs me and blind folds me. I start kicking and screaming. I'm put into a car and I feel the car start to move. I pull the blind fold off and there is Nuge.
"What the hell are you doing?" I scream at him.
"I'm taking you somewhere!" He says keeping his eyes on the road. "I need you to trust me though."
"I might miss putting Connor's Valentine's together."
"You won't trust me," he smiles.
"Okay," I say unsurely. Soon enough we pull up to the arena and I groan.
"Why'd you take me here?"
"Because, now get out. We're going," we head out and into the arena.
"I don't get it why you want me to come here. I have stuff to plan."
"I don't think you're going to get to do that," he says and walks faster. I run to catch up with him.
"Why not?" We get onto the bench and I look out to centre ice standing there in a suit in front of a table.
"So there was no practice?" He shakes his head.
"Nope, now go!" He pushes me onto the ice.
"Hi beautiful," Connor whispers taking me into his arms.
"I hate you," I mumble kissing his nose.
"No you don't," he smiles and starts to skate on the ice with me in his arms.
"Well don't your skates go with your outfit," I wink.
"I'm sorry Y/N that I didn't tell you. I wanted to make this so much better than what you could've imagined. Plus when I heard Hallsy talking to you about you coming over and decorating for Valentine's Day I had Nuge kidnap you before you could leave," he laughs skating back to the table.
"What'd you make?"
"Ahah, well I ordered from this lovely Chinese restaurant because I can't cook," he says sheepishly.
"Aww Connor, that's so sweet!" I kiss his cheek.
After eating the food and skating around for a while the two of us end up just laying at centre ice with a blanket Connor had stashed away.
"I love you," I whisper pecking his cheek.
"I love you too. I'm sorry for putting you through this," he says turning his head to look at me.
"Hey! I signed up for this and I'm going to be here til the very end," I smile.
"I thought you might say that," he gets out of his chair and gets down on one knee in front of me.
"Con," I gasp standing up feeling tears spring to my eyes.
"Y/N, we've had our fair share of ups and downs and honestly I wouldn't want it any other way. You've been by my side since you were fourteen and I wouldn't have it any other way. I want to grow old with you, have kids with you, move from city to city and to have you with me through thick and thin. So I guess what I'm asking is will you marry me?" He asks pulling out a ring.
"Of course you dumb fool," I cry as he slips the ring on my finger. He pulls me in for a kiss and I hear cheering. I pull away and am met with some of the guys and their significant others.
"Congrats!" Some of them scream while I just blush. What a crazy Valentine's Day! I go in angry that Connor can't make our plans and I walk out being the future Mrs. Connor McDavid.