35. Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins #87)

This was requested by NHLgirl22. The request was 'can you do one where his jaw is broken and I take care of him and he wants to be proactive and be with the boys at the arena but he can't.'
So I took it a bit far and I'm sorry but I hope you enjoy!
--------
Sidney Crosby
"Sidney!!" Y/N exclaims as she goes off her shoes in the front foyer of the house her and her boyfriend of three years Sidney live in. In she receives no reply she goes on a hunt for him. Sidney recently broke his jaw and while he relaxed for the first two days after his injury she was chomping at the bit to get back out with his team. Captains never take a break in his opinion. This drives Y/N absolutely crazy. He can't do anything if he isn't allowed to be on the ice! Once she's finished checking everywhere for her lovely boyfriend she resorts to calling his teammate Olli.
"Y/N? What's up?" Olli asks sitting in his stall at the Consol Energy center.
"Where's Sidney?"
"Uh you know I haven't seen him."
"Olli freaking Maatta. If you know what's good for you you'll tell me. You think Sid's not nice when he's angry, wait til you see me." Olli gulps.
"Fine, he's down here with us trying to give us some pointers." He sighs out all at once.
"Thank you Olli. I love ya my little fin, I'm coming to get him. Don't mention to him that I'm coming though alright?"
"Will do mam," she laughs and says goodbye. She grabs her purse and slips her shoes back on before heading out to her car and driving to the arena.

"Come on guys!" Sidney tries to yell as he watches his team run drills.
"Sid, are you sure you should be here?" Kris Letang asks his teammate as he skates over to him to get some water.
"Yeah. I have to be here to look after my team."
"Sidney," Tanger starts shaking his head. "You need to rest in order to get better. The team will survive without you. Where's Y/N?"
"At work, she wouldn't let me come when she was home so I had to sneak out." Behind him walks in Y/N wearing a pissed off expression with her arms crossed. His teammates notice her and turn around away from the obvious fight about to go down.
"How'd she know he was here?" Hagelin asks the group of guys on the ice. Olli looks away from them.
"Määttä?" They all look at him.
"She forced it out of me. She's manipulative and scary." He puts his hands up in defence.
Meanwhile on the front with Sidney, Kris and Y/N. Sidney is still unaware of her presence.
"What are you going to do when she finds out?"
"I'll be home by the time she gets home. She'll never know." Y/N puts her hands on her hips.
"Oh really? Hmm," Sidney's face drains of all colour and he turns around to face his girlfriend.
"Baby." He exclaims and then winces at the ache in his jaw. She walks up to him and shakes her head.
"You're an idiot Sidney! You know you're supposed to be at home resting. You can't be here while you're injured or you won't be able to come back when the doctor says that. I'm sorry I have to be a Debbie downer but I know how much you want to be back on the ice with your team. Come home with me and rest. Maybe tomorrow you can come back." She tries to reason with her stubborn boyfriend to come home with her.
"But babe..." He whines.
"Sidney." She gives him a look that more or less says 'let's go! I'm not arguing with you about this'. He shakes his head. "Fine, no cuddling with you no matter how much you whine. Cuddle with Tanger or one of your teammates. You seem to enjoy them more." She smiles at the boys and turns around leaving Sidney with his teammates.
"I guess I'll see you guys later then." He turns around and walks after his girlfriend.
Once back at their house Sidney continues to sulk as he plops down on the couch.
"Why are you so stubborn baby?" She asks sitting beside him.
"Because I want to make sure my team is taken care of and is doing what they should do." Y/N pulls Sidney down so he's laying on her practically.
"Sidney, you know as well as I do how good the team is taken care of. You shouldn't have to worry while you're out about your teammates. They'll be alright. And if you don't believe me then we can have some of them over in a few days just to check up. Why have you got to be so proactive and take charge even when your injured. That type of stuff while it's great isn't going to help you get better."
"I know." He sighs. "I just want to help people that's all. I want to help my team get better."
"You can help when you've rested a bit more. Now you're going to lay here and we're going to watch some tv or you can nap." He sighs again but settled in as she turns the tv on. Soon enough she starts to play with his hair and he passes out not long after due to his pain meds.