58. Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers #97) *Pt 2*

Well, guess who's back? Back again? I'm back

Prompt here was: Pt 2 of Connor McDavid's pregnancy imagine...

Sorry it took so long... hope you enjoy it though!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

"Well miss Y/L/N the results are negative. Congrats, I understand you weren't ready and so I am pleased to give you this news. Have a nice day." The doctor states to Shannan.

"Thank you, you too."

"So what's the verdict?" Lauren, Jordan's fiancée asks.

"Nope." Shannan says almost upset she wasn't going to give Connor something he wanted to desperately.

"That's great news! Isn't it?"

"So good, except Connor wanted it so much. I almost wish I was pregnant."

"Oh honey, you will be some day!" Lauren soothes giving her a soothing hug.

"Connor will be so upset with me. He wanted one so bad and he was so happy to find I could possibly be pregnant." Lauren sympathetically hugs her tighter.

"It'll happen, just give it time. I promise you it will happen." Her head nods and the pair turn around to finish watching the game.

Shannan waits outside the door waiting for Connor to get out.

"Hey sweetheart." Connor says coming out and giving her a kiss.

"Hey Con, good game."

"Thanks babe, how's the baby?" Connor kneels down and Shannan gulps stepping away from him.

"Connor, I got the results." She says slowly.

"What happened darling?"

"I'm not pregnant..." She presses her head into her hands. "I'm sorry, I know how much of a father you wanted to be." Connor takes a hesitant step forward so to not frighten Shannan.

"It's alright love, it's okay. I understand that now isn't the time and it isn't meant to be. We can try again soon, it's okay. Come here," he says opening his arms and she wastes no time cuddling herself into his arms. He kisses her head and soothingly rocks her back and forth.

"It's okay, it's gonna be alright!"

"I know how much you wanted a child and I thought I finally had given you one."

"It just means we weren't ready, when the time is right it'll happen. I can guarantee that Shan."

"Promise me you'll still want me even if I can't give you children?"

"Are you insane babygirl? Of course I'd still want you even if you cannot give me any children. We can adopt or get a surrogate. Shannan we can do whatever to have kids and ensure you're happy and healthy no matter what. I love you babygirl and I want nothing but the best for you."

"You really do think like that?" Connor kisses the top of her head.

"Of course baby, I love you more than I thought I could ever love someone in my life."
"Thank you Connor, I really love you."

"And I love you too. I can't say this enough to you and even if you can't get pregnant or don't for a long time I promise I will always love you baby." Shannan smiles and rests her head back on Connor's chest.

Two years later a few days after the first game of the season Shannan gets the verdict on why she was so sick all the time.

"You're pregnant... For real this time Shannan." Her doctor says with a smile. Shannan feels like crying she's overflowing with emotion.

"You're serious?"

"Yes! Congratulations, go tell Connor now! He'll be over the moon."

"Thank you so much! You have no idea how much this means to us!"

"It's my job, congrats." Shannan gives her doctor a hug completely overjoyed before she rushes out with everything she needs including the paper revealing her pregnancy. When she gets home she sets the test on the kitchen counter where she knows Connor will be when he gets home and writes a note to stick on the spare room saying 'Under construction for baby McDavid... coming in nine months.'

When Connor gets home and goes to the sink to grab some water he notices the test and reaches down to read the paper. He sets his cup down and reads it more thoroughly.

"Shannan!!! Come here," he says calmly. She is bouncing when she comes out to meet him.

"Hey baby, how was practice?"

"It was good, is this what I think this is??" Shannan nods with a smile. "You're pregnant, with my child??"

"Yes, I am pregnant!" He drops the paper and picks her up spinning her around.

"You're kidding me?! You cannot be serious with me right now!" He exclaims.

"I'm telling the truth, I am pregnant Connor with your child."

"Fuck I love you, come on we gotta go tell the guys!" He tries to pull her out of the house.

"Whoa whoa, hold up! Wait a second, we've got time!!" She giggles. "Calm down, we've got nine months. Take a shower, eat something, let it sink in." He takes a deep breath and calms down.

"Okay baby, I love you so much!"

"I love you too Connor."