36. Brendan Gallagher (Montreal Canadiens #11)

So I loved this one and got carried away. This was requested by habsflames04 and the request was: can you write a Brendan Gallagher one where you're on Hockey Wives as a girlfriend and while you're filming he proposes.
So I hope this is what you wanted and I hope you enjoy!
-------------
Brendan Gallagher
"So how's Brendan?" Maripier asks as the two of them sit down for lunch. The camera crew around them. This was almost an everyday occurrence for Y/N since she had been approached to be a part of hockey wives, a popular tv show.
"He's great! Been around as much as he can with the off season. How's Brandon?" She asks as Maripier breaks into a large grin at the mention of her fiancé.
"He's good. He's gotten a tryout with the Maple Leafs so that's great." She swirls her straw around in her drink.
"I'm so happy for you two. I miss seeing you two around the arena and I know Brendan does too. Are you happy to be near him again? Toronto and Montreal aren't crazy far away." Y/N herself takes a sip of her drink.
"Yes, it'll be nice to have him back in the same time zone for sure."
"I don't know how you could handle a trade. I'm not sure how I would do if Bren got traded."
"I was absolutely torn apart but I knew that I had to have faith. Faith and hope keeps a relationship alive. As soon as you lose that hope your relation could be down the tubes. Don't worry about things that could happen tomorrow or years from now. Just live in the moment and don't think about the inevitable."
"Well aren't you so insightful?" She laughs as Maripier shakes her head.
"When dating a professional hockey player or anyone who could get traded you learn to be insightful. It helps the younger ones on their way. Do you love Brendan enough to stay with him even if he gets traded?" Y/N looks baffled by the question.
"Of course I would. I can see myself spending my life with Brendan." She takes another sip and smiles at Maripier. "He might not see the same way as I do but I hope he feels the same. We've been dating for years! Marriage has to have come across his mind at one time or another. Like I don't expect him to marry me that's not it at all but I wish he would at least think about it." Maripier smiles shaking her head and thinks 'She has no idea'.
"Sweetie, he'd be crazy not to think about marriage with you. You love the team as much as he does and you love him so much that a life without him seems to hurt." Y/N nods MP taking the words pretty much out of her mouth. Their food comes and most conversation comes to an end. After they're finished Maripier gets a text from Brendan.

Brendan G: Take her shopping for an outfit. Say you're taking her to a party or something. I've got Brandon and Chucky helping me with the surprise. She'll love it!
Maripier: Will do! She thinks you won't marry her.
Brendan G: She's crazy! Why wouldn't I?
Maripier: Not sure! I've gotta go though. Good luck!

"Who was that?" Y/N asks checking her own phone. Only one text from Brendan.

Brendan💗: I love you baby! I'll see you soon.
Y/N: I love you too. Talk later

"Brandon, he just wanted to know how the day was going." Maripier lies.
"Oh nice! Tell him I say hi!" Y/N smiles. "So what next?"
"How about we go shopping? I need a new outfit and a date with a new outfit for the party I'm going to."
"Ouu who's the date?" Y/N wiggles her eyebrows.
"You silly! I mean if you want," she laughs.
"I have to ask Bren, I think he wanted to hang out."
"Last I checked he was with Brandon and wouldn't be home for a while."
"Oh okay! I guess we can just switch relationships for the day!" She giggles.
"Of course! Don't think the boys would mind."
"Let's go then!" Y/N links arms with Maripier and the two of them walk off to the mall. At the mall the two of them make their way to a dress shop.
"So, what kind of party is it?"
"Oh! It's a party for revlon! We're launching a new product and I figured you might want to come!" Maripier lies coming up with something on the spot. Y/N seems to buy it!
"Of course! What do we wear to a party like this?"
"A dress! Something that makes you look smoking, which isn't hard." Y/N laughs shaking her head.
"I love you.. Don't tell Brendan," she smiles as Maripier shakes her head.
"I love you too! But you shouldn't tell Brandon that, he might flip." She bares her teeth and they continue to go through the store. Soon enough the two of them find their dresses and catch a cab with some of the camera crew back to Y/N and Brendan's apartment where Brandon and Maripier were also staying.
"I think this will be much fun!!" Y/N states wiping her makeup off to start on a fresh clean palette. MP does the same as she rummages around for her makeup and straightener.
"Oh I know it will be a blast." She can't keep the smile off her face as she says this.

Meanwhile with Brendan, the boys are getting the party ready for his soon to be fiance.
"God Chuck what are you doing?! That doesn't go there!" He exclaims.
"Gally! Relax, that's what you told me. God you're worse than a girl!" Alex complains with a huff.
"I want it to be perfect!"
"It will be perfect Brendan. She loves you and will love no matter what you do." Brandon says coming to clap Brendan on the shoulder.
"I hope so. I hope she likes this," he pulls the ring out of his pocket to show them.
"Holy! Don't let MP see that."
"Only the best for my girl." He looks around at the camera crew standing around. Normally they don't show the boyfriend but today is different because Angela and Tiffany are coming to see Brendan and help with the engagement.
"GALLY!!!" Yells PK who flew in from Toronto to join his old teammate and his girlfriend.
"SUBBS!!" He gives PK a hug.

Back with Maripier and Y/N they are just putting the finishing touches on their outfits.
"You look hot!!" MP compliments her. She was wearing a bardot dress with a pair of black ankle boot heels.
"Aww well I can't outshine the actual invitee. Are you sure it isn't too much?" She plays with her dress nervously.
"NO! Of course not! It's perfect! Let's go!" The two as well as the camera crew trailing behind them leave to go to their cars.
At the party they walk in and Y/N immediately notices that she knows everyone there. The Parros', the Price's, Chucky and even PK.
"PK!! What are you doing here?" From behind her is MP making faces and gesturing to makeup.
"I wanted to show my support for MP and her makeup. HUGGE fan," he nods and Y/N gives him a hug.
"I miss you!!"
"I miss you, my buddy. Always teaming up against Alex and Brendan," she nods remembering the memories fondly.

On the stage comes Brendan and he speaks into the microphone.
"Can Y/N Y/L/N please come to the stage please?" His eyes look around for his girlfriend and his mouth drops open when he sees her standing with PK. She looks towards the voice confused and then a look of surprise comes on her face when she sees Brendan standing up on the stage.
"What's he doing here?" She asks PK. He smiles and shrugs.
"I don't know but you better not keep him waiting." She smiles and walks to the stage where Brendan grabs her to pull her up and to him. He spins her around and she giggles.
"You look amazing baby." His eyes rake up and down her body.
"Thank you."
"So, you might be wondering what's going on and why everyone you know is here. Ummm well.." He trails off reaching into his pocket and getting down on one knee. Y/N's eyes widen and she stares into his eyes to see if he's joking. There is no hint of funny business in his eyes though. "Y/N M/N L/N since the day I met you I knew I had to have you. From your beauty, to the way you are with my teammates. My siblings and parents love you and I don't blame them. You always find a way to find the good in every situation and you are the one I need and want in my life. What I am trying to say is Y/N will you marry me?" She starts crying as she mutters out a 'yes'. Brendan smiles largely and slips the ring on her finger kissing her.
"I love you." She whispers as everyone bursts into cheers.

To think just a few hours ago she didn't think she would be marrying Brendan and now here she was engaged to Brendan. What a life!
--------

So I hope you enjoyed it!

I will be writing a Maatta one soon about a dream I had and I am willing to try smut again. I've thought it over and am willing to try it if anyone wants a smut request I can try and do it!
Thanks for reading! 💗