39. Pekka Rinne (Nashville Predators #35)

So this was requested by NHLgirl22 and the request was "Can you do a Pekka Rinne some where the girl is completely deaf and she goes to see her brother Shea play and sees her crush Pekka but can't lip read" So I changed it up a little bit and I hope you enjoy it! 

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pekka Rinne

"Okay, I want you to stay with me until Carrie comes." Y/N's brother Shea signs to her.
"Okay Shea, I understand." She signs back shaking her head. You see Y/N is deaf and has been since she was little. That meant that no matter where she went she needed a translator or a pad of paper. Now she felt stupid when she had to use a pad of paper and she definitely felt stupid when Shea was the over protective brother he was. He never let her date, never let her go out without someone and when at the arena.... well you can guess. Anyways, all Y/N has ever yearned for was to be free and to get a boyfriend without Shea losing his mind. She sits down on the bench by the ice and looks out at all the empty seats just waiting to be filled with happy and excited Predator fans. Soon enough she feels a tap on her shoulder. She jumps nearly out of her skin and turns to see Shea's teammate Pekka sitting there.
"Hi," Pekka says out loud but Y/N stares at him confused.
"Hello." He says again waving his hand. Y/N's face lights up and she waves. Her stomach turns to butterflies when she sees him. You see, Y/N has had a crush on him for a long time. But, she has never been able to make a move because Shea doesn't let her and she doesn't imagine Pekka would want someone who can't speak.
"Are you alright?" He asks curiously. She looks into her bag and pulls out a pad of paper and a pen. She starts to write.
"I'm deaf and can't lip read. I'm sorry :(" she writes and it's as if a light bulb goes off in his head.
"Oh sorry, I didn't know. I'm Pekka" he writes.
"I know aha I'm Y/N Weber."
"Oh you're Shea's sister. He always goes on about you." He smiles handing the pad back to the blushing girl beside him. 'She's adorable.' He thinks.
"All good I hope?" Is the next thing she writes down.
"Always!" She smiles.
"Glad to hear it!"
"Do you come to games often?"
"Well, as often as I can."
"Oh? Something more important than hockey?"
"Why yes, yes there is."
"What may that be?"
"My schooling for one and my job for another thing." Pekka raises his hands in defence and Y/N laughs a silent little giggle that causes Pekka to break into laughter as well.
"Sorry," she wrote feeling sheepish.
"Don't feel sorry. I was just joking." Her cheeks burn and she looks up at him. He smiles down and soon they get interrupted.
"Hey Pekka. Is Y/N with you?" Carrie comes and asks him. He jumps and Y/N looks up.
"Yep! Here she is, I've been keeping her company for a little while. She's amazing." He smiles at Y/N and she smiles back at him clearly confused.
"She's single." Carrie winks and Pekka laughs.
"You think she'd go for me?"
"Of course." Carrie sits beside them and Y/N passes the pad to her.
"So, are you ready to watch the game?" She writes handing it back to Y/N.
"Of course! I am ready to see them kick ass tonight." Y/N writes back.
"Same!! They'll do fantastic."
"I hope so.. Shall we go?"
"Definitely! Thanks Pekka for everything." Carrie says and Y/N smiles standing up. She signs to him 'Thank you.' Pekka smiles.
"You're welcome."

At the end of the night the Predators end up winning and Carrie makes her way back to the dressing room with Y/N in tow.  The boys are sitting in the dressing room, Pekka beside Shea.
"Shea, would you mind if I asked Y/N for coffee?"
"You do realize she can't talk or read lips right? Be careful with her. She's my sister and I don't want her to get hurt."
"I get that and I honestly don't care. She's a beautiful girl and she seems pretty great. I don't care what's wrong with her. I'll learn to adapt and live with it if something becomes of this. I need your permission though to go through with this." Shea sighs and turns to his goalie with a smile.
"Of course! You're one of the only guys on this team that I would let date my sister."
"Thank you Shea, that means a lot."
"You hurt her, I'll beat you up. Goalie or not." He stares at Pekka with a serious expression on his face.

Carrie and Y/N wait outside the dressing room for their respectable hockey players. Pekka comes out with a note in his hand. He holds it up and Y/N reads it.
"Will you go for coffee with me?" It read. Y/N looks at him in shock. Did that really say what she thinks it says. Pekka shifts awkwardly from foot to foot awaiting her answer. Finally she breaks out in a smile and nods her head.
"Yes," she signs. Pekka smiles and the two of them head off for some coffee once Shea comes out and talks to them.

----------------------------------------------

So sorry I haven't been updating. My life has been totally hectic lately!
Anyways, hope you enjoyed it!