52. Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers #97)

"That can't be right, not now, not right now." Shannan mutters looking at the pregnancy test on the counter. 'Connor's gonna kill me.' She thinks miserably. Becoming pregnant was something she had always wanted but this early on in Connor's career will a bit of a wrench into it. "Everything that could have happened and I could be pregnant. Fuck Shannan, what's wrong with you!" She shakes her head and discards the test. She curls up in the corner of their sectional with a blanket over top of her. How could she be pregnant? That just doesn't make any sense what so ever, when was the last time they had sex? Or when she last got her period? All these questions run through her mind before she falls asleep her mind far too tired to understand anything at all.
This is how Connor finds her two hours later wrapped up like a burrito. Connor smiles fondly leaning down to kiss her forehead. He then picks her up and switches them around so he can cradle her against his chest. Shannan wakes up to a warm solid chest.
"Connor," she whimpers looking at him sleepily.
"Yes love? What's wrong?" He asks brushing her hair away from her face.
"Please don't hate me after I tell you this."
"What Shan, what's wrong? I could never hate you. I promise you that with all my heart."
"I believe I'm pregnant." She sobs looking down in embarrassment. Connor's in shock at the news.
"Baby, you're what?"
"I think I'm pregnant, I'm so sorry Connor. I didn't mean to I swear." She sobs and Connor rubs her back.
"Why are you sorry baby? I am so happy, if you are pregnant so what? We'll do it together." He soothes kissing her head.
"You're not upset? Angry?"
"Of course not! Why would I be?"
"Because you're so young and your hockey career just begun I don't want to take that away from you with a bay." She sniffles looking up at Connor. He wipes the tears away from under her eyes.
"I don't care if a baby takes me away from hockey. Yes it is my life right now but I would love to be a father more than I want to be a hockey player or even a captain. There's nothing to worry about. If you're pregnant then you're pregnant and we're gonna be parents. If you aren't then it just wasn't a right time. What I'm saying is I love you and no matter what I will stand beside you. Like you have with me." She nuzzles under his jaw in a silent thank you.
"I love you Con, I'm sorry I freaked out so bad."
"I understand, its a scary thing but we'll be ready. I can promise you that much."
"Con, You promise promise?" He smiles at her.
"I promise, promise Shan." She smiles back placing a kiss on his lips.
"How did I get so lucky?"
"I ask myself the same question every day."
"I should probably go to the doctor." She sighs looking down at her stomach. Connor nods in agreement.
"Probably a good idea. I can come with you!"
"You wouldn't mind?"
"Of course not! If you're pregnant and I'm going to be a dad I want to be at the doctors appointments." The rest of the night is spent on the couch cuddling and watching tv.
The next morning Shannan walks into the doctors with Connor trailing behind her. She does some tests and her doctor explains how they'll let her know when the results come back. The results however come back while she is up in the Wags box in the middle of Connor's game.
"Well ms. (Y/L/N) the results are...."

----------
Well hope you enjoyed it!