18. Jake Virtanen (Vancouver Canucks/ WJC Team Canada 2016 #18)

Prompt: The game that the Canadians get eliminated in Jake becomes really hard on himself after you lose your shit because he took stupid penalties and he breaks down crying in his hotel room. Then you comfort him as best you can.

-------------
"Jake! What were you thinking?" I ask fuming. Yes, I shouldn't be so hard on him but he took the dumbest penalties I've ever seen.
"Y/N," he sighs laying down on the bed. "Please don't get mad," he whispers covering his eyes.
"Jake what you did was stupid! I'm not going to lie you were dumb and not thinking!" I yell. He sits up and glares at me.
"I wasn't thinking? That's what you think I did?"
"Well your slashing penalty sure looked like it!" I yell again.
"Y/N! I TRIED DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS!" He screams at me.
"IT CANT BE TOO HARD TO NOT SLASH SOMEONE!" I scream getting up in his face. He looks at me with tear filled eyes.
"I didn't mean to and now I cost us a win and I'm the reason we're out. I get it," he whispers his voice cracking.
"Oh Jake," I whisper my anger diminishing as I see him turn into this small little boy at the drop of a hat. I crawl up to the top of the bed.
"Baby come here," I whisper. He sits up and crawls his way to me. I open my legs and he wedges his body in between them resting his head on my chest.
"We came here to win and I let them down," he wipes at his tears.
"Oh baby, no.. No.. No, there are twenty two of you on this team. You win together, you lose together. I'm sorry I lost my shit I was just angry because we lost like most Canadians are," I stroke his hair softly.
"I'm gonna get sent down to Utica, I just know it,"
"I doubt that Jakey. Be positive, this won't effect your NHL career. They trust your judgement with these things."
"My emotions got the best of me. I was so frustrated that I felt the need to take my anger out on them and I'm sorry," he whimpers tears falling rapidly.
"Hey don't say sorry. I should be the one apologizing not you."
"Don't say sorry, you just said what everyone was thinking."
"Maybe we should FaceTime Stefan. He can normally cheer you up!" Jake smiles and nods.
"Let's do it!" He sits up and pulls out his phone before settling back into me. He finds his brothers contact and clicks on the FaceTime button. Soon enough Stefan's face pops up.
"Hey Jaker! Oh hey Y/N! How are you feeling buddy?" He asks.
"Like absolute shit. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me," there he goes again. I smack his shoulder softly.
"Knock it off Jake!" We both say.
"Sorry, I just got so frustrated out there. I didn't know what happened," he sighs snuggling closer to me. I stroke his hair softly.
"Buddy, listen," Stefan starts. "We've all had games like that, trust me even the greats have had games like that! It'll be okay and I promise people will get over this soon."
"I hope so," Instagram notifications start rolling through his phone.
"Jake, no!" I say as I see him looking through them.
"What's going on Y/N?" Stefan asks.
"Instagram, check it."
"Jake don't look at those," he warns.
"Kind of hard to when it's everywhere," he says bitterly.
"Please for us," I plead kissing his cheek.
"I'll try. It'll be hard but I could try," he finally sighs.
"Good. You don't need that shit!"
"Y/N's right buddy. Don't listen to them they're going to say and think what they want but it doesn't matter because they aren't you, don't know you and don't know the type of pressure you have on you to perform at the top level at all times," Stefan says. I continue to stroke Jake's slightly wet hair. I hear him sniffle.
"Okay, thanks Stef," Jake says sounding grateful.
"No problem buddy! What are brothers for?" He laughs.
"I've gotta go to class but if you need anything message me, love you man!"
"Love you too buddy. Have fun in class!" Stefan smiles.
"Thanks, bye!" Stefan hangs up and I'm left with a sad blond boy. I grab his phone from him and place it on the table beside the bed.
"Come and actually cuddle with me baby," I encourage trying to get him to move up towards my neck. He scoots up and lays on top of me with arms laying beside us. I giggle and rub his back. He lets out a breath and I feel him relax against me. "Good boy," I whisper as Jake kisses my neck.
"Thank you," he whispers back as he yawns. I pull the covers over us and reach to shut off the lights.
"You're welcome sweetie. Try and relax for me okay? Everything will be okay," I smile trailing my fingers up and down his back.
"As long as you're with me everything will be okay," he laughs.
-------
Hope you enjoyed!
Anyone see Jake lip syncing to chattahoochee?
That made my day! So great!
Anyways don't forget to vote, comment, read any of my other stories. Whatever you feel like!
Thanks 💖

 Whatever you feel like!Thanks 💖