64. Marc-Andre Fleury (Vegas Golden Knights #29)

Hey long time no see everyone! I am so so sorry, I have lost my spark for everything right now so I won't make excuses but I will be trying to write more.
On another note I did notice this book was 14th on the hockey list which is insane and I am so proud. I didn't think it would become that but thank you! I love you all and I'm sorry for how MIA I've been.
Anyways, enjoy!  This is about the first girl goalie who is deaf and mute taken by the Penguins
————————
"And with the first overall in the 2016 NHL draft the Pittsburgh Penguins are proud to select from the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League Y/N Y/L/N." The star goalie Marc-Andre Fleury announces with a proud smile on his face. He was over the moon to be welcoming such a promising and wonderful new goalie into the organization and the 1st female in the NHL. Everyone in the arena erupt in cheers and Y/N looks around to her mother.
"Honey, they called your name. You're drafted." Her mother signs to her and she jumps up in surprise featuring for her mother to follow.
"I need you to be my translator." She signs back and her mother follows her to the stage. Once on the stage, Marc-Andre reaches forward to give Y/N a hug and her jersey.
"Welcome to the team," he signs laughing at the look of shock on the young goalie's face.
"You can sign?" Her mother asks.
"I learned as soon as I knew we were getting her as the first overall." He smiles as Y/N struggles to put the jersey on. She huffs smoothing her hair down before scooting closer to the veteran goalie for the ceremonial photo-op. Once the photo is finished the group heads to the pressers.
"So are you excited?" Marc-Andre asks. Y/N nods in excitement.
"Very excited, especially to be a Penguin of all things."
"And the first girl to go first overall in NHL draft."
"That's pretty crazy, I must admit."
"Incredible for sure, you're incredible."
"Awwww you're too kind."
"Here to speak for the first time is Y/N Y/L/N." The draft commissioner announced and Marc-Andre nudges Y/N.
"You're on hun," Y/N gets a nervous feeling in her stomach but smiles through it and sits at the table ready to answer all questions they may have. Her mother acts as the translator and she is very grateful for that.
"Y/N, how does it feel to be the first female to be drafted into the NHL. Must be pretty incredible." Y/N looks at her mom in confusion. Her mom repeats it to her and she smiles confidently ready to answer.
"It is pretty incredible, I would like to thank all of my coaches, family, friends and my agent for everything. This is an incredible honour to be the first woman to be drafted and I can't even explain the excitement and adrenaline rushing through me at the moment." Her mom repeats and Marc is standing off to the side looking proudly at the newest addition to his goalie brigade.

After the presser is done and over with they go and do their customary draft photos. If Y/N is honest, she feels a little silly doing these poses, she's a goalie for god sakes! She shouldn't be doing photos like this! She sets down her stick and signs to her mom.
"This is ridiculous. I feel so silly! I'm a goalie, now a player..."
"I know sweetie but it's what all players and goalies do. I promise they'll turn out amazing hun."
"She looks amazing!" Marc comments.
"She thinks she looks silly!" Her mom comments.
"She looks like a little baby goalie! Everyone does it, even me and I was not proud of those photos."
"What are you guys talking about?" Y/N asks.
"Nothing honey, it's okay!"

~ training camp ~
Rolling into training camp was difficult for Y/N because she didn't have her mother, her major support team and source of communication. The team is doing a seminar on hockey players with disabilities and hind sight Y/N should be playing with Paralympic players instead of the regular hockey players because of her hearing and the fact that she does not speak.
"Alright team, we're gonna start by doing some dry land training and some conditioning. To help us however is Marc-Andre Fleury," Marc comes in through the door and Y/N sighs a sigh of relief as soon as she saw him and she is so grateful to see a familiar face. 'He's here! He's here, finally someone I know and can trust.'
"Hi everyone! Happy to be here and see the bright new faces of the organization, you guys are the future of the franchise and everything Penguins. Lets get this thing started and have a good training camp. I'll be sticking around Y/N and showing her and the other goalies the ropes." He turns to look at Y/N and wink showing off his smile. He signs that he's coming to help her with things and be her translator for right now.
"Thank you," she signs back and is grateful when he makes his way towards her. Marc gives her a hug and she sinks into it a bit subconsciously.
"How are you?" He asks. She smiles and puts her thumbs up.
"Lets go, while I was told to deal with all the goalies. Coach just told me to focus on you and getting you up to speed and up to pace with everything, you had surgery before coming?" He asks and she nods.
"They are going to give me cochlear implants so I can hear."
"That's amazing but what happens with hockey?"
"I'll take time off. I'll hopefully have it next offseason fully. They just had to fix somethings and see where everything's going to go before actually implanting me." Marc grimaces and nods before guiding the pair to a corner of the gym to stretch. Y/N can't help but stare as Marc is showing her how to stretch. The muscle and agility he has is remarkable and she has to admit that she was checking his butt out when he was stretching if she was being honest. Then its her turn to stretch and his turn to check her out. She does stretches that she knows will get a rise out of him. She can feel his gaze on her as she is stretching and can't help but blush. She likes the attention he gives her but she doesn't understand why he is giving her so much attention. She feels his hands repositioning her arms so that there's a deeper stretch in them. She makes a face and starts to pant a bit. Marc chuckles and licks his lips watching her.
After they're done stretching they warm up by racing each other in sprints.
"Wall ball time, hand eye coordination is key." He signs and she smiles shrugging. Watching him move gracefully catching and throwing the ball.
"Stop watching me and go." He laughs and she springs into action. This could be the start to an amazing relationship and partnership.