14. Rob McClanahan (US Olympic team 1980 #24)

Prompt: At first they hate each other because she is Jack O'Callahan's best friend and they always stick together but throughout the games they kind of start to have feelings for one another (MC not OC)!

To NeverStopDreaming95 who requested this I am so sorry if this is not what you wanted... But, i hope you enjoy it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Rob McClanahan

Y/N's POV
"Come on Jack! We're going to be late," I say lacing up my chucks and grabbing my bag.
"Chill Y/N! We got time. It's not like you want to get there early to see mr. Hotshot," Jack says slinging his bag over his shoulder.
"Heck no OC!" Even the thought of McClanahan makes my blood boil. Or at least it did at the beginning of the games but still he's a show off and hates me for no apparent reason. Maybe it's because I am the only girl on the team and he's intimidated He laughs.
"Sure."

At the arena I sit with Jack in the change room. Soon enough in walks Rob and he doesn't even look at me.

"Problem?" I ask.

"Girls aren't allowed in here you know?" He says setting his equipment down in one of the stalls.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that this is the nineteen forties when girls weren't allowed to do anything regarding boys. In case you've forgot I am a part of this team so I am allowed here," I glare.

"You're cruising for a bruisin'," he glares back.

"Nice one, been watching Grease too much lately?"

"Maybe, what's it to ya?"

"You two are ridiculous!" Jack exclaims and we both stare at him. "You two need to learn how to get along because whether you two like it or not you're stuck with each other!"

I turn to look at Rob and he's staring right back at me. I take a good look at him. He's wearing a team USA sweater with a pair of black bell bottoms. He's actually cute, I have to admit but only to myself though. 

"Fine, how do you expect us to do that?"

"Go skating, talk, stop hating on each other, something!"

"Sure thing buddy boy," I huff playing with the sleeve of my shirt.

"Fine, since you're going to make us. Y/N, wanna go and grab some food after?"

"I guess so." Was not looking forward to it at all.

- After the game -

The end of the game came quicker than I expected and if I'm honest I still really didn't want this to happen but anything to make Jack happy.

"Ready?" Rob asks with his bag on his shoulder.

"As I'll ever be," I mutter.

"At least try and enjoy this," he snaps.

"I'll try, can't make any promises though."

"That's fine with him," he stalks past me and I run to catch up with him. The ride to the diner was quiet with The Beatles playing in the background. Once at the diner a waitress shows us to our table.

"Can I start you cuties off with something?" She asks.

"A chocolate shake please," I say.

"That sounds good, I'll have the same please," Rob says.

"Sure thing, be back in a jiffy," she walks away.

"So if we are going to get along we probably should get to know each other."

"Yeah probably should give it a try," I nod.

"Full name?"

"Y/N M/N L/N and yours?"

"Robert Bruce McClanahan from Saint Paul Minnesota," I smile.

"I'm from Charleston Mass."

"Sick!"

- Fast forward to semis -

Since the day that Rob and I went to hang out after the game we've been hanging out quite a bit much to Jack's surprise. Practicing plays together on the ice and even going over strategy. Our teammates are very surprised as well. We've really become good friends and I've realized that he actually is a good guy instead of the douche he comes off to be. 

"Good luck boys!" I say giving both Jack and Rob a hug.

"Thanks Y/N!" They grin ruffling my hair.

"You know how hard it is to do my hair," I glare at them.

"Sorry Y/N/N but it'll only get worse when you're out on the ice," Jack pouts.

"It's okay OC and yeah don't remind me."

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Rob asks seeming nervous.

"Sure thing! Jack we'll be back," I pull Rob away from Jack. "What's the word hummingbird?" I let out a giggle.

"You're something special aren't you?"

"Thank you," I smile.

"So I was wondering if you know if you ummm would like to go on a date with me like a real one ummm after the game?" He rambles.

"Umm yeah, that'd be fun." Rob smiles in relief.

"Great, well we should probably get ready. I'll see you out there," I kiss his cheek and walk to the change room.

- End of the game -

WE'RE GOING TO THE FINALS!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE FINALS!

"I can't believe it!" I exclaim sitting down on the bench in the locker room and peeling off my helmet.

"Believe it because it happened," Jack says patting my shoulder. "So do you want to go and grab a bite to eat?"

"Actually, I am going with Rob. Sorry OC," I pull my jersey off.

"Really? Well have fun," he smirks. Once I am done getting fixed up I wait outside for Rob.

"Ready?"

"Of course," and off we went. If someone had have told me a couple weeks ago that I would be going on a date with Rob McClanahan the boy who I thought hated my guts I would've told you that you were absolutely insane.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit this, I am not super proud of this one but I hope everyone enjoyed this!

Thank you :)

Also, if you're looking for an NHL story to read please check out my book Davy's Sister it is a Curtis Lazar one of the Ottawa Senators and was captain Canada during the 2015 IHF World Juniors.