14 - Feeling Guilty

The cars stopped in front of the town hall and they all get out of the cars. Elsa took a deep breath as she looked around her. Yes, she missed this place a lot.
"Elsa ? You're not going?" Anna asked.
Elsa, who was lost in her thoughts, suddenly looked at her sister.
"Oh yes. Sorry."
She started to walk to the town hall with her sister and her brother in law, following Emma, Regina and Taylor. The army officers were walking behind their Queen, and Lily was following from a distance. Once they reached the door, Regina opened it and stayed outside to keep it open, allowing the others to enter the building. But when Lily arrived, she suddenly grabbed her arm. The brunette quickly reacted by turning her head to glare at the mayor.
"I don't know what you're doing with my sister but it has to stop" Regina said in a low and threatening voice. "She has already dated unsavory person and she has suffered. I don't want it to happen again so I suggest you to stay away from her."
"And what if I refuse?" Lily said between her teeth, as she made a violent move of her arm to make Regina let go of it.
"Then you'll discover why people called me the Evil Queen. She doesn't need someone like you in her life."
Then she turned around and entered the town hall, slamming the door behind her. Lily stayed there, staring at the door as she felt the tears filling her eyes. Maybe Regina was right, why someone like Taylor would want someone like her, with a serious criminal record, in her life? She sighed and opened the door to enter the building, then she walked upstairs to the mayor's office. But once she was in the hallway, she met Emma who was walking from the office.
"Where were you ?" She asked as she was concerned.
"I was downstairs" Lily said as she was taking a deep breath.
Emma frowned as she was staring at her friend's dried tears on her cheeks.
"What's going on? Are you alright ?"
"Yes" Lily said with a quick nod. "I was just thinking, what can I do to help? I'm not really into diplomatic conversations"
Emma raised her eyebrows.
"Oh hum you can go to the sheriff station, and help David and Killian to take care of the people of Arendelle"
Lily quickly nodded and started to turn around.
"Lily, are you sure everything's okay?" Emma asked as she was worried.
"Yes" Lily responded with a little smile.
She started to walk away as Mary Margaret arrived in the hallway.
"Sorry" Lily said as she almost bumped into the woman who was carrying her child.
"Don't worry it ok" Mary Margaret said with her usual reassuring smile.
She turned around as she was watching Lily walking away.
"What's going on?" She asked as she was turning around to look at her daughter.
"I don't know" Emma said as she was staring at the direction where Lily went away. Then she turned her head to look at her mother. "You're coming?"
Mary Margaret nodded and followed Emma inside the office.
"Oh my god is that Neal ?" Anna exclaimed as she was staring at Mary Margaret.
The woman didn't have the time to enter the room the princess was already running towards her.
"He's all grown up!" Anna exclaimed. "I mean, taller than the last time I've carried him."
Mary Margaret chuckled as she gave her son to the princess.
"I'm happy to see you" Anna said as she wrapped her free arm around Mary Margaret for a quick embrace.
"I'm happy too see you too" Mary Margaret said.
They pulled away and Mary Margaret greeted the others happily, hugging Elsa and Kristoff.
"So" Elsa finally said as she was looking at Emma, Taylor and Regina. "You said you knew what destroyed my kingdom. So what is it ?"
"The Dark One" Emma responded.
"The Dark One?" Anna asked. "You mean, Rumplestilskin?"
"No he's not the Dark One anymore" Emma said.
"The Dark One is a kind of powerful dark magic that was trapped inside of a human." Regina explained. "But it was also destroying Rumplestilskin's heart, and killing him. And if Rumplestilskin was dead, only the Dark One would remain. And it would have been very dangerous."
"So what happened?" Elsa asked. "Rumplestilskin... Is dead ?"
Emma shook her head no.
"An apprentice sorcerer took this darkness out of his heart and imprisoned it inside of a powerful magical hat. But it wasn't enough. The Dark One destroyed the hat and went away. In an other realm."
"My kingdom" Elsa said in a low and broken voice as she was staring at the desk ahead of her. "And it destroyed it"
"Elsa we are so sorry" Emma said.
Elsa looked at her friend.
"Don't be. You couldn't know what would happen. If you hadn't done what you did, it would destroyed Storybrooke. And probably other realms after."
Emma slowly nodded.
"That's exactly what we were trying to avoid."
Elsa took a deep breath.
"Now we have an other problem. The Dark One is still out there. We have to stop it before it destroys an other kingdom."